New to this board, from Michigan

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2010, 12:00 AM
Hi Everyone

I had to laugh when I read the title to this board. That is sooooo our situation!!!!! I have a 14 month old daughter and we want to concieve our next in hopefully August. I am a wahm, I have tried a few wah things before but this puts the icing on the cake. I am so glad I have found it. I have a question for moms that are trying or not preventing another pregnancy. Do you get nervous about getting pregnant again? I do, I worry about having enough time with my daughter, and worry if she will be missing out. I am a huge worrier, so I don't know if what I am feeling is normal or if its just me!

There are so many boards and topics on here, I am completely amazed with this site!!!! I like to be able to have a way of connecting with moms that are going through the same things. I have 1 freind that has kids, but lives half way across the country right now Well thanks to those who have made it this far.
June 2nd, 2010, 05:51 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!

I'm SAHM mom to an 8 month old son and definitely know how you feel. We're open to having more children (I always pictured myself with a big family), but it's hard to know if it's right or not. My little guy is such a great kid, I'd never want to do anything to make him feel less special. I think it's common and natural to worry about stuff like that.

JM has been a really great place for me. I didn't have many friends with kids when I got pregnant, so it was nice to come to a place where everyone is in the same boat.

June 2nd, 2010, 07:42 AM
gee102
Welcome!!

You will absolutely love it here the ladies are lovely.

Me and my partner have been NTNP for a little over a week now. We're more leaning toward trying than not, but still I find myself at home here

I hope your stay is short and sweet
June 2nd, 2010, 08:10 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
welcome! I'm Chelsea [22] married to Sam [25] and momma to my sweet, sweet baby girl, Brylie Ann [08.08.09]. Sam and I are actively trying for #2 now after a chemical loss in May. Bry is an IUI baby and we are really praying to avoid fertility treatments again. I stay here because the TTC boards make me crazy!!

I too sometimes worry about giving Brylie a sibling and not "enjoying" her per say, BUT I am an only child and I hate it. My mom died when I was 17 and I dont know my sperm donor. Everyday I wish I had a sibling. When your parents are gone - you are truly left with no one. It's awful, and I just can't do that to her. I want to give her many siblings so she has a lot of people after I'm gone and her dad is gone. (hopefully not anytime soon)

I can't wait to get to know you better!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
June 2nd, 2010, 08:40 AM
Veteran
Hello and welcome! What part of Michigan do you live in? I am near Detroit

I have 2 boys and we are NTNP and seeing what will happen. I am nervous about having another one but on the same note I am so ready.

You will love it here! The women are great!
June 2nd, 2010, 08:53 AM
Can't wait to be a Mommy!
Send a message via AIM to StephanieAZ Send a message via Yahoo to StephanieAZ
I can't answer your question b/c I don't have any children yet. Although I am nervous about the prospect of getting PG with my first (for different reasons, of course). I just wanted to say welcome. I hope you get your BFP soon.
June 2nd, 2010, 02:09 PM
Thanks Monica, glad to know I am not the only one to feel that way!!!

Thanks Alisyn !!!
June 2nd, 2010, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicaChels View Post
welcome! I'm Chelsea [22] married to Sam [25] and momma to my sweet, sweet baby girl, Brylie Ann [08.08.09]. Sam and I are actively trying for #2 now after a chemical loss in May. Bry is an IUI baby and we are really praying to avoid fertility treatments again. I stay here because the TTC boards make me crazy!!

I too sometimes worry about giving Brylie a sibling and not "enjoying" her per say, BUT I am an only child and I hate it. My mom died when I was 17 and I dont know my sperm donor. Everyday I wish I had a sibling. When your parents are gone - you are truly left with no one. It's awful, and I just can't do that to her. I want to give her many siblings so she has a lot of people after I'm gone and her dad is gone. (hopefully not anytime soon)

I can't wait to get to know you better!
I also would like to have a big family, I would love to have 4 kids and 3 at the least. I have a brother, and a half sister. I also have a step-sister and a step-brother. But for the most part it has always been just me and my brother. My neice is an only child, she is 8 and I see that she is very lonely being an only child. But she is also selfish and doesn't want any siblings. She says she doesn't want to share the attention!!! LOL, kids these days sure do speak their minds at a younger age!!!!

I really see where you are coming from with your situation, and wanting more kids. I am so sorry for your loss. I am not that close with my mom, but I could not imagine what you have been through. I wish you the best with your journey of expanding your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikipooh View Post
Hello and welcome! What part of Michigan do you live in? I am near Detroit

I have 2 boys and we are NTNP and seeing what will happen. I am nervous about having another one but on the same note I am so ready.

You will love it here! The women are great!
I live near Detroit too, in Taylor (Downriver). I really like this board.
June 2nd, 2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieAZ View Post
I can't answer your question b/c I don't have any children yet. Although I am nervous about the prospect of getting PG with my first (for different reasons, of course). I just wanted to say welcome. I hope you get your BFP soon.
I can relate I was so nervous on what to expect being pregnant for the first time. And of course labor!!!!! I am here for any advice you would like!!! Thanks for the welcome!!!
June 2nd, 2010, 04:42 PM
I want a bunch of kids, too. At least 3, but I think 5 would be fun.

The first time I was pregnant it was so weird. I could only picture life until labor, not really life with the baby. I can't wait to do it again since I know what it's like now. I think I'd be able to enjoy it more.

June 2nd, 2010, 06:03 PM
Goodness, I was the same way. I didn't want to have her, I wanted to keep her all to myself LOL. But after 3 days of labor I was ready to rest. I think the next time will be different knowing what to expect also. Not being nervouse thinking if your going to hurt them because they are so small, and all that fun stuff you worry about with your first. The only thing is losing sleep. I hope that I will have enough energy to handle it all!!!!!!
June 2nd, 2010, 06:28 PM
^^ Ooo sleep. I LOVE sleep. Levi does too! He's slept through the night since he was 3 weeks old and has always been a good napper. I could be in for a rude awakening if our next doesn't love sleep as much. Hopefully that's genetic!

June 2nd, 2010, 09:13 PM
Ava is usually a good sleeper but right now she is teething (cutting her back teeth) and she has allergies bad right now due to our wonderful weather =). So she has been waking throughout the night lately. I breastfeed, I should be to the point where I should be weaning her off, but she will not eat anything else. Once in a while she has an appetite for something different but not often.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search