So I am having my boys' birthday party

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Veteran
the 20th of this month.

They are only 17 days apart-Ethan was born June 18th, and Preston June 1st.

Soooo I made a guest list the other day...

40 FREAKIN' PEOPLE!!

I can't believe this! I understand that we have a lot of family, but seriously?

I wish I could just invite a few people, but I know that if I exclude anybody they will get upset.

I don't even want to think about all the gifts they will get...OY!

Anybody have this issue of too many people to invite?

Let me just edit the guest list....It is closer to 60 PEOPLE! FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!
June 10th, 2010, 08:27 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOAH!! That's a lot of people for two little boys! They must be very loved. Do you have a theme or anything?

I'm gonna have this issue when Levi turns 1. I'd like a small party, but too many people "love" him, so it's gonna get a little crazy. I can just see it now... people getting mad at us for not inviting them. DH's family is close by, so it's going to be mainly them getting angry... as usual. This is stressing me even thinking about it... maybe we should just move!

Last edited by monica8; June 10th, 2010 at 08:29 AM.
June 10th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Veteran
Yes, they are very loved and VERY spoiled! lol. We are doing Star Wars the Clone Wars for the theme...OF COURSE. They are both obsessed!

I agree, you should just move! It will probably be less stressful than dealing with your DH's family..LOL
June 10th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Regular
my birthday parties and my cousins birthday parties were always really huge when we were younger. well, they still get big parties cause they're still young. but my mom stopped giving me really big parties when i was about 10 or 11. she narrowed the list down to strictly JUST family and extremely close friends. i have a big family, so there were still quite a few people, but they're family so it's different. you could always narrow your list down to make it only family members and friends that are so close they're practically family. if others get upset and can't understand your decision and respect it, then i'd say they can just sit at home and mope because they missed a birthday party.

sig made by jennifer (JMC1988)

June 11th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Veteran
Yeah I think I'm going to have to start narrowing my lists down...

To be perfectly honest, all the people are family or really close friends lol...we just have a rather large family.

I think next year I will just invite their school friends for a party and maybe a sleepover, but that is a long time from now so I'll cross that bridge when I get to it! lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search