I'll get this started, I guess!

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 29th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I have a couple of health issues like anemia and pregnancy induced gallbladder problems, so recently I went looking for lifestyle diets. Just something to make my body feel great. I somehow came across Blood Type Diets, and it was like reading about my life.

I'm O+, and it seems like everything I always crave is what is on the chart for O to eat. Most of the stuff I hate is on the avoid sections. When I looked at specifics, he was labeling foods, like blueberries or spinach or sweet potatoes, that is really good for O's, and that are for the most part the exact foods I constantly want to eat.

Here's the LINK. Does any of it match your cravings or food aversions?
October 30th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I looked at it and its about half and half. Some of the stuff is right on but then others is completely opposite.. It definitely looked like some good information though!
November 1st, 2010, 12:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have to double check my blood type at home tonight. I know - it's something I should know off the top of my head, but I just can't remember.
I would love to find something that would help me out... I watched a video online last week - I think it was "The Diet Solution"?? If you're on FB or any of those things, it's been advertised alot as "3 things you should never eat to lose weight" or something like that. Anyway, it was just really focused on natural foods, and avoiding refined sugars, processed foods, etc. The hardest thing for me is wheat... I only eat whole wheats, but even that they say is no good... you're supposed to move over to rice flours or quinoa flours?!?! Urghh, I feel like I can only do so much, you know??? Anyway, I was tempted to buy the books, but then thought better of it. I lost 100 lbs a few years ago, and really only need to lose about 15 lbs right now... it's just a lack of dedication/motivation/time/energy... too many excuses, is maybe my problem!?!?
November 4th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I had a doctor tell me that soda with real sugar was alright. Just no high fructose corn syrup. I'm sure my dentist would love to get him for that. lol

The only things that keep me from losing weight are carbs. Every time I cut back, I'm 10 pounds lighter.
April 25th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Carbs are evil for sure! I hate them and love them at the same time, so I walk them out every day for one hour
May 2nd, 2011, 03:12 PM
Interesting chart. It succeeded in making me hungry. I can't remember what my blood type is though. I eat like a type A but I'm not sure if that's my blood type. I'd like to know because I need to lose weight and maybe his food suggestions will help. Thanks for sharing this site with us.

May 21st, 2011, 09:38 PM
That's cool! Most of his suggestions of what to eat, I already love! And what he suggests not to eat, I don't. There were a few things that I like to eat (not alot of, though) that are on his "do not eat" list but I don't eat them often or alot of it so, I guess it balances out ok. :-) That is pretty neat to see - TFS!

October 24th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Don't we mothers need carbs for energy? Or is it calories? I'm still confused!
October 24th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMKaren View Post
Don't we mothers need carbs for energy? Or is it calories? I'm still confused!
I actually find if I eat lots of protein it keeps my energy going. Carbs do great for a boost. Kind of like how Olympians eat. Carbo-loading.
March 21st, 2012, 01:14 AM
During pregnancy, women gain extra pounds to store energy for producing breast milk. For some women, breastfeeding makes it easier to lose weight, since additional calories are used. Mothers who do not breastfeed will need to rely totally on diet and exercise to burn additional calories.
September 15th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
7 months post pardum here. I can definitely say that breastfeeding does not help you lose. Yes, it does burn calories. It also makes you hungry! A lot of breastfeeding women are heavier than formula feeding women because of this. I talked with a friend recently, and she lost 10 lbs when she weaned her child. Just 11 more months till I can start the process!
January 25th, 2013, 05:13 AM
Not exactly

Ev though I agree with a prev post

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search