Walk Away the Pounds

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 30th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Can't wait to be a Mommy!
Send a message via AIM to StephanieAZ Send a message via Yahoo to StephanieAZ
I love Leslie Sansone and the Walk Away the Pound DVDs. BUT I don't do them nearly as often as I should. I need help!

Does anyone else here have any of her DVDs? Is anyone interested in being a walking buddy? I was thinking we can have a weekly or monthly goal of miles we'd like to walk and update here for accountability.

Let me know.
October 30th, 2010, 05:04 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not great with walking plans myself. Where I live, the weather gets nasty and unpredictable. BUT I'll support you all the way! I'm supposed to be going to the gym, which I haven't been for 2 weeks, so maybe if I start going I can start counting how far I go on the threadmill or eleptical.

I've never seen any of those DVDs, so I don't know anything about them.

October 30th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How do you girls find the time/energy? I try to make sure I use my lunch hours to work out, but things have been so crazy at work lately, with meetings over lunch, or "Lunch and Learns" that I've been lucky to get out once or twice a week - brutal! I also do a bootcamp class on Saturday mornings, but next week is our last class I generally like to walk at lunch or go to yoga (one of my passions!), but I'm also headed into nasty weather territory, so I'll *theoretically* be cutting down the walking and doing more yoga. I also brought my shoes to the office, because I work in a tower, and was thinking that the stairs would be an easy workout at lunch.

Maybe we could each post our goals for the week here on Sundays, and report back at the end of the week?? StepahnieAZ could do miles walked, I could do yoga classes attended and flights of stairs climbed, and Lisa could do whatever you like?? What do you guys think??
October 30th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaBrown View Post
I'm not great with walking plans myself. Where I live, the weather gets nasty and unpredictable. BUT I'll support you all the way! I'm supposed to be going to the gym, which I haven't been for 2 weeks, so maybe if I start going I can start counting how far I go on the threadmill or eleptical.

I've never seen any of those DVDs, so I don't know anything about them.
Sounds good!! I appreciate any support I can get and it would be super great if you find the time to "join in" at the gym.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvdL View Post
How do you girls find the time/energy? I try to make sure I use my lunch hours to work out, but things have been so crazy at work lately, with meetings over lunch, or "Lunch and Learns" that I've been lucky to get out once or twice a week - brutal! I also do a bootcamp class on Saturday mornings, but next week is our last class I generally like to walk at lunch or go to yoga (one of my passions!), but I'm also headed into nasty weather territory, so I'll *theoretically* be cutting down the walking and doing more yoga. I also brought my shoes to the office, because I work in a tower, and was thinking that the stairs would be an easy workout at lunch.

Maybe we could each post our goals for the week here on Sundays, and report back at the end of the week?? StepahnieAZ could do miles walked, I could do yoga classes attended and flights of stairs climbed, and Lisa could do whatever you like?? What do you guys think??
I have NO idea where I find the energy! LOL. TBH, I usually don't!! Hehe. Actually, my weekdays are pretty laid back b/c I choose to cram 40 hours of work in over Fri/Sat/Sun. You can forget about me working out on the weekends. Sounds like you are crazy busy!

I want to try yoga. I might have to get into that.

I think your idea sounds great. Count me in.
November 1st, 2010, 05:50 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OK, well since I'm just seeing this now....maybe we can set our weekly goals now and report back on Sunday?

Mine are: get to the gym AT LEAST twice this week, and hopefully lose a pound or more. Not off to a great start, didn't get to the gym this morning.

And to answer your question, I have a hard time finding the time and energy too, with a 7 month old at home. If I do go, I have to get up around 5:30 am, get ready and drive to the gym, work out and get back home before hubby leaves for work around 7:45. Most of the time, I'd rather get an extra hour of sleep or so.

November 1st, 2010, 11:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaBrown View Post
OK, well since I'm just seeing this now....maybe we can set our weekly goals now and report back on Sunday?

Mine are: get to the gym AT LEAST twice this week, and hopefully lose a pound or more. Not off to a great start, didn't get to the gym this morning.

And to answer your question, I have a hard time finding the time and energy too, with a 7 month old at home. If I do go, I have to get up around 5:30 am, get ready and drive to the gym, work out and get back home before hubby leaves for work around 7:45. Most of the time, I'd rather get an extra hour of sleep or so.
I would be in for setting weekly goals and reporting them! I think it would be great to cheer each other on and be supportive!

I agree I would much rather get and extra hour or so of sleep. And then by the time I get home from work I am so tired I don't feel like working out.
November 1st, 2010, 12:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Urghhh... I know. I already get up at 5:00 to be at work at 6:00, so I really can't get up any earlier!
My goals this week are:
- two flow-style yoga classes (actual workouts!)
- at least one restorative class (like a massage/nap). I love the restorative class on Monday nights, but never go, so I've promised myself that I'm going to start going every week.
- At least one lunch-hour walk (plus walking in and out of downtown each day)
- one full-on workout
- decrease the number of times I eat something with processsed ingredients... I'm trying to cut down on anything that isn't homemade, as well as anything with refined sugar in it. I all for natural sugar, don't get me wrong, just trying to cut out the nasty stuff.
November 1st, 2010, 02:31 PM
I think I will just be cheering you ladies on from the sidelines this week. I think I am coming down with something. I've got a slight fever and a congested icky head. My goal this week will be getting better, so I can join you next week.

LisaBrown mama_2_Callen LvdL
February 10th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to AMA Nation Send a message via Skype™ to AMA Nation
Losing pounds is my goal for the month for I am fast gaining weight. Well, my job is to get a good plan for it. Watching my diet get myself involved in outdoor activities and if I' tired with it Have this DVD in Hip hop exercises. Hopes to make it a good result from the end of the month. Determination is the great way to success.
April 25th, 2011, 06:15 PM
I walk at least one hour per day! It really helps with loosing those pounds.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search