My pregnancy so far....

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2010, 07:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I thought I better pop in here for a quick minute.
I got my BFP at about 11 dpo, and had it confirmed with a beta at 13dpo. Started on my prometrium and low-dose aspirin at 13 dpo as well. So far, things have been pretty laid back... I've been really, really nausous and exhausted, but *knock on wood* no spotting yet. This is the longest I've made it with any of my 4 pregnancies with no spotting. I'm hoping that's a good sign. I had an u/s done at 6w2d, but all we could see was a gestational sac. I go back on Thursday, which will be 7w4d for a follow up to ensure that a heart beat has appeared, and that things are looking as they should. I'm nervous, but hopeful. I would like to think that I couldn't be feeling this awful if things weren't going well????
Anyway, that's it for now. Hope everyone is doing well, and I promise to keep you all updated

Thank you Kiliki for my new siggy - I it!!

December 21st, 2010, 07:44 PM
Can't wait to be a Mommy!
Send a message via AIM to StephanieAZ Send a message via Yahoo to StephanieAZ
Sounds promising!! Good luck at your appt. Can't wait for an update, but I know everything is fine.
December 21st, 2010, 09:23 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I heard nauseated was good. I'm a little worried because I'm still not feeling much. My breasts really hurt at least, and I'm constantly hungry. Don't get me wrong, I had plenty nausea with DD, but all the same...
December 23rd, 2010, 03:33 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck today at your appt! Can't wait to see your update!

December 23rd, 2010, 11:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies! I'm back and things went awesome! The tech saw our little pumpkin and his/her HB right away through an abdominal u/s. She did all her pics that way first, and then did a vaginal one as well to get clearer images. Our LO is measuring correctly and has a HB of 160bpm So... everything looks perfect! We are so relieved. DH was crying as we left... he admitted that he has been absolutely sick with nerves all week. Anyway, a happy start to our Christmas season for sure

January 5th, 2011, 06:02 PM
I'm so glad everything went well! That is fantastic news. How are you feeling these days?
January 5th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies! All is well here - just wanted to pop in as I had my first midwife appointment today. It was awesome, other than I had a student midwife bumble her way through it with me. I don't mind though - everyone has to learn somewhere. The RM was also there, and she was fantastic - all I could think of was "Do I have to see all the midwives? I would be perfectly happy just with you!!". But, I'm sure they are all equally lovely I will meet all four midwives on my team throughout my appointments. Everything was on track - great blood pressure, no weight gain to this point (well, weight loss, which was made up for over Christmas! to put me back at my pre-pregnancy weight), and ots of great information. I am really looking forward to moving forward w a midwife for this pregnancy and L&D. The only unexpected part of the appointment is when they checked my uterus height/size, and both agreed that it seemed a touch on the large size, which could just be because this is my 4h pregnancy, and it has some muscle memory from my pregnancy with DS and the previous losses OR it could be a sign of twins. She said it's common for early ultrasounds to miss them... yikes! Anyway, I have my NT scan booked three weeks from today, so we'll find out for sure then. I'm pretty sure there's just one in there, but who knows.
Anyway, other than that, things are good. I'm feeling much better since the Christmas break... a little rest went a longgggg way for me. Speaking of - I need to get to bed!!! I'm so tired!!!! So, I'll leave it here, and will post more after my NT!!! Take care girls!!!!!!

January 6th, 2011, 04:00 PM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YAY for a great appt! Sounds like everything is right on track and you have a great team behind you. I'm super happy for you! Make sure to KUP...and twins?!

January 6th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Twins would be so fun. Are you hoping for them?
January 6th, 2011, 07:02 PM
I, too, wanna know how you would feel about twins. I'm glad you're appt went well. Sounds like you've got a great team to support you. Yay.
January 7th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Great news today ladies!!!! I found the baby's HB with my doppler!! It was so exciting to hear that little munchkin in there! Nice strong HB of 180 - EXACTLY what DS was at 9w5d as well - I just happen to remember because we had an u/s with him on that day! Anyway - I know it's only been a couple of weeks since the last u/s, and I only have three weeks to go till the next one, but it's such a nice bit of relief to hear that HB in between!! I actually think I can start feeling like we're really having a baby. The placenta is swooshing away in there, wich means it's up and running - thank goodness!!!

Now... as for the twins thing. My first pregnancy was with twins, and I thought it would have been really awesome - get it all over and done with in one shot, you know?? But, I honestly could have never imagined how much I LOVE being pregnant, and how attached I am to having natural, non-intervention, childbirths. My fear is that I couldn't escape a c-section if it were twins. Of course, the cesearean has it's place and I don't at all disagree with it - I'd just personally prefer not to go down that route. However, if it WERE twins, well, then we would just take that for what it was, and do everything we could to keep them both happy and healthy in there, and prepare for a natural L&D as much as we could, and leave the rest up to a higher power We would also need a minivan and a new house!!!! LOL!!!!

Speaking of, we are putting our house up for sale!! Yikes! I'm starting to clean and purge in preparation to have our realator come check it out and do photos within the next week. I'm excited, but nervous - the idea of keeping everything "showing quality clean" is very daunting in my mind!!! Especially with Nolan, work, and the pregnancy. But, DH has been awesome lately, and I know I can count on him to do his fair share!!!!!

Anyway, that's all from me! Hope everyone is having a great day, and looking forward to an awesome weekend!!!!!

January 9th, 2011, 03:53 AM
Woohoo!! How awesome that you can pick up the HB. I'm glad your DH has been so helpful lately. I hope everything goes smoothly with getting your house ready to show - what a PITA lol.
January 13th, 2011, 08:52 AM
SaydeesMom's Avatar Loving my life!!
Hope things continue to keep going great for you and your little one!!!!!!
January 20th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Aww twins would be great lol when will you have another sonogram so that we can know for sure
January 24th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I go for my NT scan on Wednesday... only two more days to wait!!!! I will make sure to update you girls as soon as I know anything!!!

February 6th, 2011, 02:05 AM
Update, please?
March 12th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey girls!!! Just thought I would pop in to say hi and give a quick update, along with a couple of photos!
Everything is going smoothly with me. The pregnancy is progressing well, and I am feeling MUCH better in the last month or so! I was so happy to get off of the progesterone at 13 weeks!! I will be 19 weeks tomorrow, so I am almost at the half way point... actually, most likely past the half way point considering how early DS showed up! My goal is to make it to 37 or 38 weeks this time!!! Anyway, I saw the midwife on Wednesday, and everything is looking great... BP is perfect, up a total of 12 lbs, and I'm measuring correctly. DH and I are planning to renovate our mater bath, and if we get that done, I am definitely contemplating a home birth. DH is still a littler nervous, although is is on board if it's what I want. We had our u/s yesterday, and the baby was perfect. We declined finding out what the gender is... we're solidly on team green, although it would be nice to know!!! However, the surprise at the end is worth the wait!!!

I felt the baby for the first time at 15w1d, but only started feeling fairly consistent movement at 17w 1d... oh, how I forgot the feeling of a little goldfish in there - all you seem to reemmber is that last stage of elbows and knees everywhere!!! The kicks are getting stronger and I've felt a few on the outside in the last couple of days, although DH has yet to be there at the right time... maybe tonight???

But, since I've kept you all in suspense long enough, here are some pictures of the munchkin....

Profile at 12w 3d NT scan

Profile at 18w 5d anatomy scan

And me and my bump at 18 weeks....

Hope all is well with you ladies!!!

March 12th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well I am putting in my guess now, Lindsey you are having a girl!!
March 13th, 2011, 06:42 AM
So cute!! The baby AND you. I am SO glad that everything is going well. What a great update. It's really crazy to think that you're already around the halfway mark. How exciting.

Please KUP on the master bath renovations. Pics would be great, too.

P.S. I'm feeling girl, too!
March 13th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Aidan~N~Haileys Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad everything is going well!! Wow almost to the halfway mark!

I'm going to guess as well and say GIRL!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search