Lurker joining in!! Weight question?

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Hi ladies! I've been a lurker for a while but think I'm ready to join for good

Quick back story- Last week joined in on Feb Due Date, but suffered a miscarriage last Friday. DH and I were NTNP attitude, and got pretty excited when we got the BFP. Unfortunately, just not our time yet...

So my question is, does anyone know how being underweight would/will affect pregnancy??? I'm 5'2" and under 100lbs (nope.. no eating disorders, not athletic, just super busy and active). I have a high metabolism and can't seem to keep much weight on. I've been checked for Thyroid Disorders, and all negative. Still have AF- but most months it's dramatically shorter than it used to be (like 2-3 days).

DH is concerned that I need to be up above 110 before we really start TTC. I'm just not sure that it's necessary...

I have on DS, turning 6 this week so I know I can have a healthy pregnancy, but I was also 25 lbs heavier back then.

Thoughts/Advice??
June 29th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am 5 feet tall and I was 90 pounds when I got pregnant. It won't really affect the pregnancy. You'll just have to consume more calories to ensure you are getting enough. The baby takes what it needs from you, so you're left with whats left over. So its more to keep up your health then anything.
Even though I had hyperemesis I ate as much as I could. I only gained 12 pounds my whole pregnancy. And my daughter was born healthy.
June 30th, 2011, 02:36 PM
lilmeg's Avatar Veteran
I am currently 5'4" and around 108 lbs. I've read that if you are "underweight" in an unhealthy way, it can be a problem. I'm not a medical expert, but I would think if you are getting the calories/ protein/ nutrients you need, you should be fine. It's up to you, your primary doc, and OB to find what is a healthy weight for you as an individual. I will warn you though, I was around 125 when I got preg the first time. I BF my son and he was a huge eater (every 2 hours around the clock) He took everything out of me and I was soon down to about 95 lbs, so if you plan on BF make sure you are getting plenty to eat after little one is born. It took some work to get back up to where I am now. If your docs think you should gain a bit, you can do it in a healthy way and you can reach your goal, if they think you're fine as is...great! Best wishes!

Tags
not trying not preventing , ttc , underweight

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search