The Holidays...

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anyone thinking about the holidays of Thanksgiving & Christmas already? Will you be spending it over other family member's houses/friends or @ your own home this year??????????
Any special traditions???????? and will you be cooking?????
October 2nd, 2011, 06:33 AM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have to get through this month first because of my 2 kids birthdays and 2 other family member birthdays. Then I'll start thinking about Christmas LoL! Thanksgiving we stay home and I make up a big meal and put up our trees and decorate for Christmas. On Christmas Eve we stay home and I make a big dinner, take our hot chocolate/coffee and drive around looking at Christmas lights, and give the kids their Christmas PJs and their new special ornament. Christmas Day we open gifts and I make cinnamon rolls. Then we head out to my parent's house and we have a huge buffet party with my family. I'm Greek so I have a LARGE family LoL

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

October 3rd, 2011, 07:10 AM
Tippy's Avatar ♥ So Blessed ♥
Yes, already thinking/planning. Thanksgiving is hosted at my Parents house. I always bring deviled eggs and a dessert. Christmas is hosted at my house and I do cook. This year I'm not sure how it's going to work, because a relative and her finace are coming to town and I don't talk to them. They will probably have Christmas Eve dinner over at my parents and my parents will come to my house Christmas Day. So screwed up, but it's the only way I see it working out where they get equal time together. My older children will probably go Christmas Eve to my parents so they get time with their aunt while she's in town.

Wife & Mom to 4
Gestational Surrogate to Siblings ~ Sarah 12/04 & Ryan 1/06
Donor Embryo Recipient ~ 10/06 (m/c @ 13w & 2 chemicals)
Tubal Reversal Surgery ~ 11/07
Angels in Heaven ~ 5/07, 11/08, 6/09, 3/10 & 8/10
Failed Adoption ~ 2/09-10/09
Failed attempts w/a Traditional Surrogate ~ 12/09-6/10

♥ Our little miracle has arrived ♥
7/18/11 - 11:15pm - 9lbs. 2 ozs - 22.25 inches long

October 3rd, 2011, 09:54 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
No not really because this one will be bittersweet if we can't get mom to come back and visit for the holidays.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

October 7th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In all honesty, I can't stand the holidays. They are just too stressful. I hope to be going to my family this year, so I don't have to be around my DH's family. I would like for it to be just us three though... in a perfect world right?
October 10th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Morgans Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Both my family and DH's family live hours away, so we will have to split up the holidays as usual and spend most of the time in the car. DD's 1st bday is Thanksgiving weekend, so that will makes things extra interesting I'm sure!
Baking a Rainbow

8/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search