instead cups

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2011, 04:35 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
do you use them?

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
November 3rd, 2011, 02:18 PM
terrordactyl's Avatar sidecars are for *****es
i've never used them i've heard there hard to use have you thought of getting a diva cup or something similar? i usually just use Cloth reusable pads and sometimes tampons i haven't tried a cup yet since there kinda pricey and idk if i'll like it
November 4th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, I use them for AF, and love them, but have a few issues and hope to switch to a Diva eventually. I have used them for TTC a few times and they're awesome.

November 7th, 2011, 03:13 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I shoulve been more specific. I meant for ttc. I heard there were good to keep the sperm next to the cervix.

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
November 7th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They do. And the bonus is MESS CONTAINMENT. Love it!

January 26th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Super Mommy
That's how I got pregnant after 1yr of trying. Tried it once and two weeks later I had a bfp! I was going to try them with preseed the next cycle to up my chances but I didn't even have to do that! Before trying 1 year, we were very lax on contraception for 8 years and I never got pregnant then. My DH tested ok, so I knew that I was the one with some sort of unfriendly environment, hehe. I got tired of keeping my legs up for hours after, and just spent the $14 on the instead cups. Used two out of the pack and now I have an eight month old
February 8th, 2012, 01:30 PM
I used them a few years ago when TTC and they gave me a huge yeast infection. I wasn't really using them as directed though. I constantly had one in. I went to see my doctor and he told me the best thing to do is not use them for anything other than their intended purpose, but if I was going to go use them for TTC, use them sparingly.
February 8th, 2012, 07:44 PM
SammyJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just lurking, but I wanted to add that I used them on this first cycle and we got pg. Unfortunately it didn't last past five weeks, but obviously they did help the sperm get where they needed to go! lol. I'll admit, they did feel really uncomfortable after a while and I would usually only wear them like an hour or a few after BDing and then I would usually wake up in the night to take them out because they would be pinching or falling our or something.

I definitely plan on using them again though.

Thanks to *Sharon* for my awesome siggy! My pregnancy blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search