Introduction =)

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2011, 09:00 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello all!! I wanted to take the time to introduce myself after a little while of lurking My name is Ashley and I am 25. I was just married on November 11th to my best friend of 8 years, Jeff.

I have been on the pill for a little less than 8 years as well and just recently decided I wanted to stop. Not specifically to get pregnant, but because I am just tired of taking it. We completely understand the implication of not using protection and if we were to get pregnant, we feel confident we could handle it. As of recently, I just haven't been feeling like myself while taking my pill, e.g. emotional, mood swings. So after our honeymoon, I finished my last pack and did not start the next one. I feel absolutely great, no mood swings or emotional craziness.

My only concern is that I was due for my period yesterday, not even a sign of it. I know it isn't a huge amount of time, but after 8 years of predictability, that is a big deal. And yes, I took a test and got a negative result. I have read that it may take a couple of months to get into a normal swing.

But I was hoping some of you ladies would be able to shed some light on what is the norm when coming off of the pill and any of your experiences.

I look forward to sharing more with you all
December 16th, 2011, 11:33 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello & welcome!

I know some ladies don't bounce back to regular cycles when they go off the pill and it takes them a few months to get back to normal.

I wish I had better advice for you! I went off the pill a few months ago and I am so glad I did!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

December 19th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Yeah, everything I am reading saying that it will take a little a while for my body to bounce back.. Then I go and read that one post/response of someone who got pregnant two weeks after being off of the pill. I just want to know what is going on with my body.

Well, it is still a no show on AF and a big old negative while testing. I am probably going to schedule my annual with the gynecologist during the holiday just to reassure myself.
December 20th, 2011, 03:36 AM
It really depends on the person honestly. I, for example, stopped the pill and bled right away (I didnt want to take the pill anymore because of the side effects of it was sooo moody!!) I was sick towards the end of Sept puking alot and missed some pills because i was so sick. Got my period on Oct 7th although it was shorter and lighter (which made me think hmm maybe pregnant?) But I wasnt yet. Ovulated mid month. Was suppose to have next period by Nov. 4th...Nov 5th I got my BFP!

I have read though that some people's cycles dont go back on track right away. It takes awhile for their body to get back on track..some people it takes a month...3 months...6 months. It all depends on the person really. I also was only taking BCP for about 2 yrs..maybe thats also a reason? m really not sure.

I would give it a bit of time to try and let it get back on track, if it really is bothering you and you get very concerned maybe go talk to your doctor about it..it cant hurt!! Maybe he/she will have more answers for you I hope everything works out for you!! I wish you much luck!! Take Care!!
December 26th, 2011, 07:12 AM
So I took a test this morning and I got a faint positive.. I can't get pictures to load yet, not enough posts

Here you go ladies..

Last edited by GeekLover11; December 26th, 2011 at 10:24 AM.
December 27th, 2011, 01:22 AM
I love you forever, Henna
Oh, wow! That's a beautiful BFP!! H&H 9 months to you!!!
December 27th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Got this yesterday afternoon. I can not believe this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search