Is my girlfriend pregnant?

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2011, 12:42 PM
My girlfriend has irregular muenstrations. She was already two weeks late when we did it. Now another week has passed making it 3 weeks. She still hasn't had her period. She's worried she's pregnant. She told me she has had it where she's been a month late. What are the chances of her being pregnant? We did use condoms and they didn't tear. Please help
December 22nd, 2011, 02:53 PM
zoecat3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
has she tested? if she has and is not pregnant, she should talk to her dr. about her irregular menstral cycles. It could be nothing but it could be something that needs to be monitored closer.

Thank you cavewoman for the awesome siggy!!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
January 19th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Well, if she's irregular, she might not be late yet. Only way to tell is to take a test. She should also start to keep track of her cycles to get a better idea of what's going on. A visit to the doctor might be good, too, just in case there's a reason for the irregularity like PCOS.
January 20th, 2012, 06:45 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you used condoms it's very unlikely that she is

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
January 21st, 2012, 08:30 AM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
I agree with the others, have her take a pregnancy test and if it's negative, have her see a doctor. It may be PCOS.

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
January 23rd, 2012, 07:29 AM
Its almost impossible to get pregnant when using condoms, unless they break. And since she is so irregular, she probably is late for other reasons. I definitely suggest she go see her doctor.
January 27th, 2012, 06:47 PM
I'm new to all this, but I would have her test just to be on the save side. If it comes back neg, have her go see a doctor. GOOD LUCK
January 28th, 2012, 01:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would doubt she is pregnant since you used a condom but if she were pregnant and you had sex 7 days ago, a test isn't likely to pick the up. Also when she says she is late, what does she mean... If her cycle is irregular how can she tell if she's late? I would have her see the doctor and find out whats up. And maybe get on BC to help regulate her cycle. That is unless you are trying to get pregnant.

March 13th, 2012, 08:37 AM
babyRichards's Avatar TTC Baby Richards #2
If condoms were used and then checked afterwards and no leaking was seen, then she is probably not pregnant. She may just be late like most women, especially if she is under alot of stress.

Be sure to have her go to the dr. just in case and if you are really concerned, you can always run to the nearest dollar store and grab pregnancy tests, they work just as well as the expensive ones.

Dont sweat it, condoms were made to be strong and if you know for a fact that you checked it afterwards and no liquid was coming out, then she couldnt possibly be pregnant.

Have a great day!
Provera Rd. 1 04.18-04.23, Clomid Rd. 1 50MG 05.01-05.05, Dr. Appt. Rd. 1 on 06.06 with BFN, Provera Rd. 2 06.12-06.16, Clomid Rd. 2 100MG 06.28-07.02, Dr. Appt. Rd. 2 07.22 with No Response, TWW Rd. 1 07.22, AF showed 07.27, Clomid Rd. 3 100MG(last rd.) 07.28-08.01, BFP 09.29 & 9weeks preg, 1st U/S 10.04 with no heartbeat-angel baby at 8weeks5days,10.18 DandC procedure

My Ovulation Chart

Keep up with us at http://richardsfamilyblogspot.blogspot.com/
March 13th, 2012, 01:42 PM
I agree with people here adding that many things can contribute to irregular cycles, weight, age, stress, and eating habits could all be causes as well as serious medical conditions. If she is worried about going to the doctor because you think she might be pregnant, she should be able to get an exam at a free clinic. They should be confidential but I highly doubt she is pregnant. Condoms are highly effective when used properly and no leakage is observed.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search