Stopping BC early

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Hey ladies I have a strange question. I'm new here and figured you ladies would know. I'm getting married in two months (created my user name with my future married name) and I was planning to stop BC at the end of this cycle which is next week. The urge to stop took control of me and I stopped a week early (this past Monday). My fiancé and I made love Tuesday night. I've looked online and see if it was possible to get preg with in the week gap. Some say you can and others say you can't. I just started spotting/bleeding a little today. I'm not to knowledgable about any of this given its my first time. I'm hoping you ladies can help!!
January 27th, 2012, 02:44 PM
brandi6088's Avatar Super Mommy
hey,i stopped birth control dec. and had spotting, also got pregnant.. FAST within 2 weeks, my other 2 pregnancies took 6 months... to get preggo after BC... i dont know much about BC... but it can happen even missing 1 pill
January 27th, 2012, 06:41 PM
I've heard of people getting preg right after stopping BC, which I'm ok with if it happens. I was just concerned because some websites stated that I could get preg this week (the week between stopping BC and the week of my period). I know what I have now is my period because it hasn't gone away. I've been on BC for 11 or 12 years (give or take a year) so I know I can't get preg with in that delay week. I'm hoping that after what ever I have now goes away, that I will start to ovulate again and become preg!!

Thanks for the reply!!!
January 28th, 2012, 01:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was on BC for like 5 years straight and was off for 1 week and got pregnant. I must have ovulated so quick after stopping. But I didn't bleed from the time I stopped... Later I had only been on BC about 3 months, stopped and also got preggo that cycle. BUT when I was on the shot, it took 9 months after my last shot to get preggo.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search