New and question...

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2012, 02:51 AM
Hi,

I'm not technically new as I have been on here for the past 2 years just never posted anything. My husband and I have not used any form of birth control for over 3 years besides the Air Force's form of birth control a.k.a deployments. Granted he has been deployed half of every year for the past 3 years, the time he is home we have left it up to God and haven't been really trying. We always just said if it happen it happens (YAY) and if it doesn't it wasn't God's timing. But now I'm getting kinda worried. 3 years of not trying but not preventing...surely we would have ended up preggos somehow!?! My cycles are very regular like to the day (unless it's a long month or a short month). Would you be concerned and go get things checked out or just try to actively try? I know he will be leaving again soon so part of me would like to try and get pregnant before he leaves but the other part of me just wants to maybe wait till he gets back.
May 13th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey!

I can relate to you on the military's birth control plan, my husband was deployed twice in the first 3years we were married. The way I look at it is that you only get pregnant if you are having sex during your 'fertile window' so if you are confident that you are trying at that time each month, then it might be time to get checked out. That said, I think they say not to worry until you have tried for a year (so that's gotta be 3 years in Military time, no?) If I were in your situation I would start actively trying and see what happens. If seeing a dr. would make you feel better, than do that, and have DH checked out too, as that can sometimes be less invasive. Hopefully it's just a timing issue. You say you know your cycle, but so you know which days you ovulate? It may not be on the day you think it is just by number, I have a book called 'Taking Charge of your Fertility' that you may really like! Wishing you lots of luck!
May 13th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Co Host - July 2011 PR
It took me and my hubby a year and a half to conceive our son and that was with us actively trying every single month. I don't think you have to worry, it will happen eventually. You just have to hit that window of oppertunity If it will help you feel more at ease though I'm sure going to see a doctor though would help. It never hurts to get things checked out. Good luck!

Proud mama to 10 month old, Charlie <3 !
May 14th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Thanks Ladies! It's funny how in high school they tell you you'll get pregnant with the slightest whatever and now we are actually trying....it's hard work!! lol Getting pregnant really is a miracle!
May 14th, 2012, 09:26 PM
honeybeexx's Avatar Member
Hi, there! I know how you feel. I'm not trying, not preventing... I've been pregnant three times before with three losses, and we're both young and healthy... and it took like, 5 months or so each time. It's really frustrating when it seems like some women can snap their fingers and be pregnant, then have a healthy baby... and some of us really struggle.

My OBGYN gave me an HCG shot to make me ovulate once, and I got pregnant two days after the shot. It forces you to ovulate and if you have sex in that three day window after the shot, it's likely you can conceive! Maybe you can try that when he is home? It's worth a shot, you can talk to an OBGYN about it.

I know how frustrating it can be to wait. I hope good things happen for you soon, keep me posted!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search