What to do....

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2012, 08:27 AM
*Mrs.ToyaJae*'s Avatar Super Mommy
I need something to occupy my brain it's not that I have the fever so bad I'm obsessing it's just that, I don't want to START it gets ugly when I do...i literally shut down and I don't want that to happen especially since this is supposed to be fun.

My. Two. FAVORITE. Little. Men.

May 22nd, 2012, 09:11 AM
Co Host - July 2011 PR
I find the justmommies boards keep me pretty occupied You could maybe join the Moms of Infants or Moms of Toddlers. Really there are so many to choose from lol. Do you read much? I find sometimes getting into a really good book or series gets my mind off things. Either that or I write my blogs which tends to keep me busy My best advice would be to find an obsession to prevent obessing over something else haha.
I know exactly what you mean about the fever though. I think that's the biggest thing that I'm scared of when we start TTC again. I remember after a while I would just start bawling every time AF showed up and I don't want to be that way again.
I wish you luck and I hope this helped

Proud mama to 10 month old, Charlie <3 !
May 28th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Yea, I dont want to get to the bawling point or getting so UPSET at the fact that AF showed up. lol. It's like I can rationalize in my head, but my body is out of control with emotions. =/

I think I'm going to pick up a book. I like to read, just have to find something interesting to read.

May 28th, 2012, 06:56 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh man do I unfortunately know obsessing. It's funny bc ntnp
Is supposed to be a kind of mysterious and fun way of letting life play out but for so many we kind of are secretly sucked into the suspense and it becomes TTC! My advice is actually to not feed the obsession with things that will reinforce bc I know from experience that this only exasperates it. Before u know it it will be your every thought. Easier said than done. Reading is great or any hobby or interest. Even keep itself occupied with relaxing TLC stuff during down time. I know a month can seem like an eternity when in ur heart every cycle means a possible new baby. We are all here to help and share the anticipation! Xoxo. My dh does not want anymore kids as we have 4. Two are my step and two are my birth. It kills me bc I don't think I'll ever get that preg joy again.

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
June 1st, 2012, 09:14 AM
aww...I feel like I'm getting sucked in already. It's like my husband is cool NTNP but secretly I'M TTCing lol. It's like "Hun, you have no idea that I'm watching EVERY moment of my cycle and charting and all that good stuff." lol. =( I need to calm down.

June 6th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Veteran
I'm right there with you he has no idea. I'm addicted and I need to chill out! I think I might take up sewing and make a dog bed for my Lucy...

June 6th, 2012, 03:53 PM
It's just hard... I joined the ttc board again because it's so slow in here.

June 7th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Veteran
I'm thinking of doing the same. I always check this board but there is never much action.

June 7th, 2012, 06:27 PM
No its not....I made a post over there earlier. I think because nobody is actively trying its not much to talk about. the ladies over there always have fun things going on. I love it over there.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search