Should I test?

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dhartanya

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Hi, new here. Hope I'm doing this right, not sure if I'm in the right area? I'll try to keep this short.
My fiance and I use the withdrawal method, have for the last 3 yrs, and so far so good. We are totally fine if we get pregnant(would be thrilled), but are waiting to fully NTNP after we are married. I've had a hell of a last week. Basically felt sick before AF was due, but thought it was just bad PMS: really bad headache for 4 days(nothing took it away); hot flashes; dizzy; waves of nausea; really cranky and exhausted!; body felt achey and weak. What I think was AF started a few days late, seemed pretty normal, but the symptoms got worse! Normally when I start, I feel better other than being tired. So after making a list of all the other things that it could be, everything checked off- meaning that it wasn't the cause. My last conclusion was that I thought maybe I had a mild flu? No fever that I know of- couldn't find the thermometer; I wasn't puking nor did I have the runs. Sorry TMI. Anyways, the last thing on my list was pregnancy. Should I just test to rule it out? Something is telling me to.
I know with pregnancy, anything is possible. It's just, Im done bleeding...I feel like I'm having PMS all over again! And I still get really hot every time I try to do something around the house. Ugh.
I feel crazy, but at the same time, isn't it better to rule it out? Like I said, he pulls out, but we DTD around ovulation...anything is possible.
I feel so annoyed and I don't know why. I just had a little crying fit...which led me here to ask for some advice. Sorry if this is long and thank you for the advice.

Last edited by pixiestar8; June 8th, 2012 at 11:13 AM.
June 8th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
There is no harm in testing, just to find out. If nothing else if it comes back negative you may decide to head to the dr. to check and make sure nothing else is going on that is more serious! This is only month 2 of my NTNP, but the first month that I am counting how many days my cycle is... I am on day 34 and no sign of AF, but I also tested negative 2 days ago... For me I think Its an issue of not knowing my own cycle very well.... Still not harm in testing to find out for sure!
June 10th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Thank you for responding! This site is great. I'll definitely be buying some tests. Just to be sure. Maybe my hormones have just gone whacko!? Lol. I have an app that helps me keep track of my cycle and supposed fertile days...maybe you should try one? I believe they have free ones online too. Before I had it, I never knew my cycles were so short: 24-26 days and pretty darn regular too give or take a few days. This last one was 27 days.
June 10th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
I always say if you gotta ask....the answer is yes test!

June 10th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Lol, yeeeah. I guess I just wanted that reassurance...I live in a rural area, so it's a bit of a mission to get some...at least where know one knows you! Small town= lots of gossip. Haha. Thank you.
June 10th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiestar8 View Post
Lol, yeeeah. I guess I just wanted that reassurance...I live in a rural area, so it's a bit of a mission to get some...at least where know one knows you! Small town= lots of gossip. Haha. Thank you.

That's where eBay or amazon.com comes in handy! Lol discrete shipping to your door!
pixiestar8 likes this.

June 14th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Well, bought some hpts online. I've taken one(not fmu) and Im pretty sure it was neg. Sorry if TMI, but I'm not sure if I peed on it enough- the dye didn't pass all the way through for a long time-way pass the 5mins. The control line was there, but before it(where the test line would be) the dye was all stringy looking? So, I figured I'd take another when I haven't gone in a while which is hard for me because I drink so much water!! So I'll hold back on the agua one night and do it first thing in the morning- just to make sure. But, my guess is that it'll be neg. I just want to be 100% sure.
Just thought I'd do a little update...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search