Well aint AF a mean little B!tch!!!!

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So I have never been regular with my cycles, but since going off any hormonal birth control I haven't really kept track, I just knew that roughly once a month AF would rear her ugly head, and do a mocking little sing song 'na na na na na na, you're not pregnant' Well now that it's all I can think about I started counting how long this cycle was... Maybe it was because of the 'mental' side of things, but yesterday I was at 40 days!!!!! I had taken 2 pregnancy tests both came back negative, but I thought maybe I had taken them too early, or some other factor was giving me a false negative. I mean I know I'm not regular, but 40 days!?! that was unusual.... so before bed last night I decided if I didn't see AF in the morning I would test (last test had been a week ago).... well just when I had gotten myself excited enough to be hopeful... AF was kind enough to show up and stomp out any glimmer of me maybe being pregnant! anyways rant over. Hope you all are having a great week!
June 14th, 2012, 12:03 PM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
AF has been playing games with me as well. I was always so regular and lately my cycles have been shorter

June 14th, 2012, 04:09 PM
That's such a nuisance
June 15th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Veteran
Yeah me too. I've always had perfect cycles and then she decides to be late and have me think I'm pregnant. I hate it!

June 18th, 2012, 01:24 AM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
She is confusing me into thinking i'm thinking i'm pregnant right now. I keep telling myself i can't be pregnant i just gave birth in feb!

June 18th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Viridian Soul's Avatar Member
Similar thing happened to me last cycle. Two days late, so I went to POAS. As I was waiting on the results...I started spotting. Joy. >.<

I was so mad to have wasted the HPT like that.
June 26th, 2012, 12:29 PM
captivate's Avatar Sticky thoughts please...
Never forget stress and your mental state can change when you O so your cycles will be different.

Wish you all luck

I have 2 miracles on earth and 5 angels in heaven

June 29th, 2012, 07:25 PM
She is driving me crazy and confusing me too! I've been trying to keep better track of my cycles since my husband and I started TTC in Dec and have had pretty regular cycles up until last month...the witch decided to come a week early and now it has been 42 days since then and she isn't showing up and i keep getting BFN, what the heck! lol
June 30th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She's over here playing mind games with me too. Since I began at age 12, I was a regular 28-day cycle (was celibate for nearly 5 years until last year). Then, for some reason (guess b/c I was no longer celibate), over the course of the year, I became a 27-day cycle (though, I've had her show up at day 25 or 26 a couple of times this year). Well, girlfriend has passed the 27-day and she's about to pass the 28-day one too (though, I think she did already). My LMP was June 3rd. I thought she was coming all week; I especially thought she came during my movie tonight but, no. When I made it to a bathroom, all I saw was an increase in cm. She's got until tomorrow to show before I head to my local Dollar Tree.
August 25th, 2012, 08:21 AM
ErinBoshnyak1985's Avatar Super Mommy
To be perfectly honest, ladies, your rants have calmed my nerves a little. I thought I was the only one who wasted tests only to find out all of them were negative and AF came right on time anyway. Also, Dollar Tree tests sound a lot less expensive maybe I should start doing that instead of dropping my money down Walgreen's black hole. LOL
August 25th, 2012, 11:04 AM
jellybean93's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm currently sitting on 48 days!! so i DEFINITELY understand your frustration! Since going off BCP in January my cycles have been all over the place
At least you guys have Dollar Tree's, HPT's in South Africa are so expensive!
August 25th, 2012, 12:16 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
AF isn't being kind to me either! I never used to really keep track, but since I went off bc in December, I've been paying more attention. First month off everything was like clockwork, right on time at 28 days. Next cycle was 38. The next 35. Next one 28. Then the next was 44. Then 36. And I am currently now on day 44. I mean, so annoying!! I have a few different apps I use to keep track and last month they were both right on time with when AF would show up. This month... Not so much. One says I should have started last Saturday, which makes me a week late. One says I should start today. And the other says Monday. I've taken some tests and have gotten BFN's... According to the apps there is a week difference in when I should have o'd (and it's possible I could be pregnant in either case), but since my body is being so wacky, who knows. We aren't really trying, but I would be so happy to be pregnant! I guess I'll give it a few more days and make a dr's appt of AF still hasn't shown and my hpt's are still negative. I just wish I could have normal predictable cycles! It would make my life easier!
August 25th, 2012, 01:22 PM
jellybean93's Avatar Super Mommy
@missybee: have you tried temping? I've found it so useful to pinpoint O with my wacky cycles...
August 25th, 2012, 03:07 PM
No, I need to start doing that. I just haven't yet. But I know it would be helpful!
August 26th, 2012, 07:58 AM
ErinBoshnyak1985's Avatar Super Mommy
Temping is VERY helpful!!!! I recommend the app "My Days" (it has a little picture of a purple and red daisy) I use it to track my temp, mood, weight, period, O....it automatically assumes O and AF but you can manually change it, its very helpful!!!! Good luck ladies!!!!
August 26th, 2012, 01:02 PM
I use that app as well... and it had been predicting AF (based on my inputing my periods for the last few months prior) right on time, but it is the one that says I am now a week late. (Should have started on the 18th) and one of the new ones I got (with all my info filled in - not temps, but prior cycles) says I should get AF tomorrow. Then I downloaded a 3rd app, just to see what it said and it had me starting on the 22nd. So... who knows. haha. Still no AF. Still no cramps like I would normally have if I was supposed to be starting tomorrow. And still BFN tests. So, I don't know what is going on! Grrrrr.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search