Hello! I'm Back!

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BOYSxTWO

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2012, 06:21 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Hello to those that remember me and to those that have never seen my username before. My name is Arwen, and we have two girls. My first was born 1/9/08, and the second 2/14/12. My first, Alice Marie, has higher functioning autism, and she's now going through her 2 yr old stages. Winter Rose, our baby, is typically developing. I can tell now that autism doesn't kick in around a year or two. Alice was autistic from birth. And autistic babies are the most perfect babies ever. That's how I know Winter is normal. She is so needy, and she's such a DIVA. But that's a good thing.

I had become a NTNP grad in Nov 2010, conceived twins(last I checked they removed my thread about it for me). Lost them in January, and went to TTC at that point. When it was "safe" to try again, I got pregnant with a baby due Christmas Day, conceived her on our anniversary. Always wanted a Christmas baby. Lost that one, too, and got pregnant again about a month after that.

I have horrible pregnancies so Winter Rose was going to be my last. I am against hormonal birth control and I don't want my tubes tied because of complications that might happen. DH chickened out of the vasectomy, and neither of us like condoms so here I am in NTNP. I always wanted 3 children so looks like I might have a chance to get my third. And then DH will definitely get fixed because he only wanted 2. ha ha!

Anyway, I'm not going to be charting or anything(I do happen to be 5 DPO now, but I only know that because I was trying to avoid, thought it might be AF signs...I digress). Just going to go with it.

It'll be nice to get to know you!
July 2nd, 2012, 10:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nice to 'meet' ya! I have been away for a little while (a week or two) but am just back to getting up to date! I admire your 'just go with it' attitude as ntnp has been hard on me lately! But I am new to it!

I am curious because I haven't done any real research, but does having one child with autism increase any chances of following children having it? My assumption would be that it does not, as they can't clearly say what causes it in the first place but I'd love to hear what you know about the subject!
July 3rd, 2012, 08:00 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Well, autism for us is very much genetic. I have tendencies, my brother has higher functioning autism(26 years ago they called it ADHD), my father is higher functioning, several cousins are higher functioning or have tendencies, and my grandfather was autistic something from how people describe him. I believe most cases are inherited, and it has nothing to do with shots.

Having more than one child with autism is actually kind of rare. You might hear about the occasional mom with 6 kids and all are autistic, but for the most part it's 6 kids with only 1 having autism. My parents ended up having 2, however I seemed pretty normal if not socially awkward growing up. My brother was a lot like my daughter. He talked, though, and she has delayed speech. I think a repeat case is somewhere around 5-10%? That leaves a 90+% that I wouldn't. Worth the risk. If I had one like my brother or me, that would be fine. I'd prefer not to have another like DD1, though. I love her to death, but sometimes she is really autistic. lol

Last edited by Spyctre; July 3rd, 2012 at 08:02 AM. Reason: grammar
July 3rd, 2012, 05:38 PM
BOYSxTWO's Avatar Veteran
Hey, I do remember you from here and just seeing you around JM altogether. Glad to have you back.
Spyctre likes this.
July 5th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the info! I'm not anti vaccine by any means, and I actually believe that everyone is on the Autism spectrum somewhere, but it is not something specifically I know a lot about. Glad to see there is an attempt to keep this board more active!
July 5th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
It was pretty active back then, but I think most of the ladies got pregnant. lol
July 5th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Veteran
Hi! Welcome back! So sorry about your losses.
My name is Sharon, I'm fairly new to jm and we are currently NTNP for the time being. It would be our first!
Hope to keep you around here!

July 6th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Thank you! Reproduction, like life, is never perfect. I don't mind waiting for a third for a bit, but I hope you get a BFP very soon! I know you aren't TTC, but are you still going to chart to learn your cycle?
July 11th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Veteran
I am not charting but I am pretty familiar with my cycle. I'm very regular. I don't want to do anything extra while we are NTNP, I think it would be too stressful.

July 11th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I stopped temping because it was stressful. I did well just charting CM. That's when I got regular. When I was full on charting, I was so anxious all the time that I would have crazy cycles. So that's probably a good move. =)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search