Baby fever needs to go away!

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2012, 12:07 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Hi ladies! I'm new to this, and not technically NTNP. But I have had baby fever like WOAH for months. I'm 28, husband is 30, and we've been married for 2 months, together for 5 years.

In the winter, we agreed that we both had goals and things that we wanted to accomplish before we'd start TTC. But I can't stop thinking about how much I do want to have a baby now. Luckily, I'm on Mirena so it's not like I can just stop BC on my own.

But I need someone to talk some sense into me, mostly so I can stop obsessing.
July 25th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My best advice is to talk to your DH about how you're feeling. Walk through all of your reasons for you both to wait and see if those are still concrete reasons that are worth waiting for you both or if you are able to side step those a bit and want to speed up your time line.
DH and I had agreed to wait 2-4 years before TTC after we got married. 6 months later we both had the baby fever so we changed our plan and immediately got pregnant with DS. Then our plan was always to wait 3 years between children. Now DS is just under 2 years old and we have decided to NTNP. I've got baby fever pretty bad too now. All that to say....plans change. Don't ignore your heart and start some open dialog with him.

July 25th, 2012, 01:08 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Thanks so much for your thoughts. You have a gorgeous family by the way!

I never expected to want to have a baby this fast. What's also nagging at me is a strong hunch that I will have difficulty getting pregnant. 2 years ago, I had a ruptured appendix that went undetected (idiot doctors) and there was concern that one of my fallopian tubes may have been damaged. The doctor said everything looked ok post-surgery, but I still get worried.
July 25th, 2012, 03:42 PM
BOYSxTWO's Avatar Veteran
Hi! I agree, talk to your DH...lay out the pros and cons of WTTC vs. NTNP or TTC now. See if your initial reasons for waiting are still valid and/or if it makes sense to modify them. As far as the ease or difficulty of conception, maybe you can begin to discuss with your gyn?

I'm 37 and I can tell ya that the years go by QUICKLY! Currently, I'm back and forth between wanting and not wanting another...although I'm a NTNPer. If it happens, I'll be happy and love my gift. As far as TTC, I haven't gotten there yet...although I'd better make a decision soon.
July 25th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you sweetie, you're sweet! I hope you are able to make a decision you're happy about. Best of luck to you!! KUP

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search