Hi! I'm new to the boards and I could use some help!

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Hello everyone! I'm currently on BC but just recently had to take antibiotics for a throat infection. My husband and I are currently not ttc, but if it happened we would be ok. I probably am going to sound a bit crazy, but I'm seriously going crazy! Lol. I just had my last period on 8/4/12. It was 6 days early, seemingly normal, but brief(lasted 2 days). I was suppose to start today because with my pills, it's always the thursday of the 4th week. Since I was on antibiotics I figured that's what caused it to come early. I also forgot a couple this month so I wasnt shocked when it arrived early. Before I got my period, I noticed things that were off. I had headaches, dizziness, strong sense of smell, cramps that pulled into my belly, my boobs were super sensitive, and back pain. Period came on Saturday and left on Sunday. The symptoms are still persistent and now my dizziness has gotten worse, and nausea set in. Today I almost ran to the bathroom to throw up. Two days after my period stopped I started spotting pink tinged mucous. It wasn't the normal "my period is going away" kinda stuff. I didn't need anything for it , it was only when I wiped. The strangest thing that set me off was that I was sitting on the couch watching tv and I started craving orange juice. To the point where I walked to the nearest store to buy it. That's when I started thinking that something isn't right. I don't want to go to the doctor and tell him I think I'm pregnant because I've read that you cannot have your period and get pregnant, but then I also read you could get pregnant on BC and what you think is your period is just accumulated "junk" that's being thrown out. So there are two very convincing arguments and I just don't know which one to agree with. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Please help!
August 13th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
One of the reasons it took me 8 weeks to find out about my first child was because I had a period. I know they say it's not, but it looked like a period, lasted as long as a period, and sure did feel like a period. Medium, heavy, medium, light, light, spotting. It was a period! With red blood, not brown or pink junk. I was 4 weeks pregnant at that point.

I started feeling weird two weeks later. Took a test, pure as the driven snow, NEGATIVE. Two weeks after that, blaring positive! So yep, you can be pregnant and have a period. Doctors say it's a different type of bleeding, but it'll be like a period. You can also get pregnant on BCP. If you think you are, stop taking them. Get a dollar test. If you are getting sick, the cheapies should show anything by now.

Good luck, and I hope you get the outcome you wish for! =)

James Arwen est. April 2, 2005
Alice Marie - January 9, 2008
Winter Rose - February 14, 2012
Liliana Vale - September 25, 2013

Daniel Constantine - July 19, 2016
Save

Tags
birth control , period , pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search