Super frustrated!

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so frustrated today. I came on to post and noticed another post with a similar story (sort of) so I considered not posting this, but I am just too **** angry at the world to care about people getting irritated with duplicates!

I should say first for the past few months my cycle has changed from normal-ish, (roughly 27-30 days with AF lasting always 7 days.) to much longer (as described below) and AF lasting 9-10 days. The ONLY change is that we went from preventing (naturally and condoms), to NTNP.

I have not been temping (I did 1 month a few cycles ago) because it just made me more stressed, and to me that was kind of the line between NTNP and TTC. I did however download a free app that keeps track of your cycle, just because I have been irregular that I wanted a way to look back and see what was going on for when we do actively ttc. My last 2 cycles were 40 days and 34 days. According to this app I was predicted at having a 38 day cycle this month, now I know that an app can't know my body exactly and is in no way an accurate prediction, but I felt based on the past few months of really odd cycles it would be pretty close. AF was due in 10 days on the 24th.

According to this app I would have been fertile on the day we dtd. I have been feeling 'different'. Not sure how to explain that, but it was just odd. I did have 'symptoms' like being extra tired, and unusually sore breasts. And I've been weepy for a few weeks.

Anyways I was starting to get really excited that I might be preggers (DH is away this month and I started thinking about ways I could tell him when he came home etc) and then AF shows up! 10 days 'early'. I know I shouldn't have put so much stock in a stupid app, but I'm feeling really devastated. I am obviously hormonal, plus my childhood dog was put down today, but I am confused by this cycle, and my other symptoms! I had been to a few bbq's and had friends bring us some wine for a house warming present... and now I'm annoyed I had avoided all alcohol (I realize it makes me sound like a big drinker, I'm really not, but for today I'm just angry at everything I did to allow myself to think I was pregnant) but you can bet I will be cracking that sucker open tonight!

I guess I just feel like a moron, mixed with disappointment... it's a crappy day!
August 14th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
hugs.. its going to be okay... our bodies are evil and play mind tricks on us of course.. when its time for it to happen it will.. and i dont blame ya i would have cracked that wine bottle open to.. just let it go sweety... and just because there is similar posts dont mean we dont want to hear it... have a good tomorrow k!!!!
August 14th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
been there. . . After I had a mc, I tortured myself month after month for over a year. It was only after I stopped looking at my phone app, stopped stressing completely to the point I was positive that I wasn't pregnant again that I was pleasantly surprised with ds3. I hope it happens for you too (only hopefully much sooner )

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search