Log In Sign Up

So confused!!! baby fever!!


Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By anotherbabymaybe
  • 1 Post By Kirss1
  • 1 Post By Spyctre
  • 2 Post By anotherbabymaybe
  • 1 Post By Spyctre
  • 2 Post By BOYSxTWO
  • 1 Post By LucasMom11
  • 1 Post By Spyctre
  • 1 Post By jellybean93
  • 1 Post By jeweluv
  • 1 Post By Redneck*Momma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
August 22nd, 2012, 02:18 PM
Member
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 44
Hi Girls!
Well im sooo confused! I have 3 great kids 10,8 & 3 and i thought we were done but lately i have had crazy baby fever!!! Growing up i always wanted 4 but then the reality of 3 was holy crap! LOL! But now im starting to want 1 more! Is it my biological clock ticking??? im 35 so i know i need to make a decision fast! Anyone else feel like that? We are not trying but not preventing and are getting a little more daring! LOL!
littlecutie likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
August 22nd, 2012, 05:50 PM
Kirss1's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 822
OMG YES!!!! I am also 35. Im waiting this cycle to complete so we can ......maybe....possibly.... But I had very funny bleeding this month. It threw me into baby fever BIG TIME!!!! I too have 3, ds is 9, ds2 is 4 & my dd will be 2 this weekend. Money wise it is tight...but we always seem to make it work. I really don't see 4 being more difficult or more busy than 3. I don't think its possible!! Cause we are one BUSY house. ~~~~~~> and I love it!!!!!!!
anotherbabymaybe likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
August 22nd, 2012, 07:30 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Freaking Louisiana
Posts: 7,604
I understand a little. I don't know if I would call what I have baby fever, but I have realized I want one more to keep my second company. My first child lives in Autism Land so having a child that is typically developing(we can tell already!) and one that is Autistic is kind of like having 2 only children. But anyway, I would like Winter to be as close in age as the third as possible. I am a little anxious to get it over with. I really don't like pregnancy or the baby stages all that much. Babies are cute, but they are so needy!
anotherbabymaybe likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
August 23rd, 2012, 01:39 PM
Member
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 44
Im so glad im not the only one!!! Money is tight here too! Not to the point of "we cant afford food" lol.. but we cant do things every week like the movies, or out to dinner. I also know that family vacations will be more like when we go to amusement parks etc... but how often do we do that??? ummm once a year! LOL! But i agree whats 1 more? We will make it work, but i get nervous about college etc.. but hey im nervous about college with 3! I HATE being pregnant, i gain too much weight, im sick at the start but i LOVE giving birth?? is that weird?? lol
littlecutie and LucasMom11 like this.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
August 23rd, 2012, 03:06 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Freaking Louisiana
Posts: 7,604
I definitely hate birth! lol I had my last naturally; not on purpose, I had three failed epidurals. I have hyperemesis so I spend most of my pregnancies feeling like I have a stomach virus. We are also very tight on money. We do get assistance, and I still want a third.

I was working when I had my first. My boss didn't like me getting pumping or nursing breaks so she laid me off. She said and I quote, "The laws are different for me because I run a preschool." I'll stop that story there. lol We decided to let me stay home till I weaned Alice, and we started getting food stamps. My check was groceries, our savings account, and fun money. DH has all the bills covered. We can pay to go to the doctor when needed, get school supplies, or get some small things like internet. No movies or eating out, though. If we do, it is rare.

Well, a year rolled around, and our child was acting more and more atypical. Bring on the hearing tests cause they always do that first. She ended up having Autism, the regressive kind. You start out great, a little odd maybe, and then all progress reverses.

Since then I'm at home because you can't really send those to daycare. She started going to special ed last year. So now I need a job from 8 AM to 2 PM with weekends, holidays, and summers off. Oh, and your child's sick days. I'm applying for a teaching position next Fall. There's a private school nearby that will hire me as an art teacher since I used to be a commissioned artist.

I believe in having kids when you want. If the human race waited till they could afford kids to have them, there would be no human race today. So I am planning on having three. I will worry about money later. For now, there's Medicaid and SNAP.
littlecutie likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
August 24th, 2012, 04:12 AM
BOYSxTWO's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherbabymaybe View Post
But now im starting to want 1 more! Is it my biological clock ticking??? im 35 so i know i need to make a decision fast! Anyone else feel like that? We are not trying but not preventing and are getting a little more daring! LOL!
Hi! Take your situation, but change the numbers to me being 37 and my kids being almost 18 and 5!!! I have a senior in HS and a kindergartener

Buuuuuuuuuuut, something inside is making me want/think I want another...maybe?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
August 24th, 2012, 07:12 AM
jellybean93's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 645
Spyctre your story is truly heart breaking! I definitely agree in the fact that if everyone had to wait until they could afford having kids there wouldn't be any! kudos to you for having the guts to say it! Its so frowned upon in so many societies and there's always criticism waiting somewhere or the other! Coming from a child of 5 with a family that didn't make ends meet, we definitely got plenty comments and opinions!

I have yet to have my first child, i have been having baby fever for the past almost 4 years!! Only this year have we jumped onto the NTNP side but that's purely because i have left him in charge of contraception since going off BCP for health issues in January LOL
Reply With Quote
  #8  
August 24th, 2012, 08:19 AM
LucasMom11's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Santiago, Chile
Posts: 156
Well, I think I've got baby fever too...

My boyfriend and I had been together for a year or so, when we decided to stop birth control, kinda 'to see what happens'...I got pregnant right away! I went to the doctor's because I thought I was having thyroid problems again, I was so freaking tired! And talking to the doctor, I casually said: "....unless I'm pregnant..." she told me to rule that out first, and then we'd see what to do...I had NO MONEY at that moment, had to ask my mom for money for the blood test! (LOL) and I had the result on the coming day. That night when I told my bf that I *might* be pregnant, he went so pale! and said 'we're not financially ready..." stood up and left (we weren't living together at the time). So I figured I might have to go on by myself....but thank God after the initial shock (lol) when I told him I was in fact pregnant, he because the most supportive man! We live together now, with our 15 month old gorgeous son I'm turning 37 in September, and he's 38, so it's not like I have much time left for pregnancy....so I really want to be pregnant again...I just started getting my period again, and now I'm 16 days late...wish me luck!!

BTW, money is always tight...so if one waits until everything is 'perfect', nothing will ever happen....I say....go for it!
Spyctre likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
August 24th, 2012, 08:42 AM
jellybean93's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 645
Oooooooh how exciting!! Sending TONS of babydust your way!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
August 24th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Terra_Mater's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Calabasas, CA
Posts: 145
baby dust!!!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
August 26th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Freaking Louisiana
Posts: 7,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybean93 View Post
Spyctre your story is truly heart breaking! I definitely agree in the fact that if everyone had to wait until they could afford having kids there wouldn't be any! kudos to you for having the guts to say it! Its so frowned upon in so many societies and there's always criticism waiting somewhere or the other! Coming from a child of 5 with a family that didn't make ends meet, we definitely got plenty comments and opinions!

I have yet to have my first child, i have been having baby fever for the past almost 4 years!! Only this year have we jumped onto the NTNP side but that's purely because i have left him in charge of contraception since going off BCP for health issues in January LOL
5 kids, wow! We've gotten comments from his family when I wanted a second. They got over it. I'm not telling them about #3 till I am almost due! They'll get over that, too. lol

Leaving DH in charge of BC is why I am in NTNP now. I refused to be fixed. There are so many things that could happen. There was a lady from the March 2013 PR that passed away from complications from a tubal if I heard correctly. I'm not dying or hurting for something that wouldn't hurt him. AND he doesn't want to use a condom. So I told him he could get fixed after #3 because I don't want 4, and he didn't want 2! He said OK. He actually doesn't think it'll be happening again. Such a delusional man.
littlecutie likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
August 27th, 2012, 01:23 AM
jellybean93's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyctre View Post
5 kids, wow! We've gotten comments from his family when I wanted a second. They got over it. I'm not telling them about #3 till I am almost due! They'll get over that, too. lol

Leaving DH in charge of BC is why I am in NTNP now. I refused to be fixed. There are so many things that could happen. There was a lady from the March 2013 PR that passed away from complications from a tubal if I heard correctly. I'm not dying or hurting for something that wouldn't hurt him. AND he doesn't want to use a condom. So I told him he could get fixed after #3 because I don't want 4, and he didn't want 2! He said OK. He actually doesn't think it'll be happening again. Such a delusional man.
Haha! My SO is exactly the same! Oh men!

I think a Vasectomy is a much better option too, My father had a vasectomy and ended up having it reversed and my parents were able to have 2 more

I hope to have atleast 4 of my own but wouldnt mind 5 SO wants 3. we shall see who wins this one
jeweluv likes this.
__________________




My Ovulation Chart
Reply With Quote
  #13  
August 27th, 2012, 07:28 AM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,395
OMG, the fever is bad..IT'S BREAKING ME....lol! Just posted a very similar thread. The problem is DH doesn't want anymore. He already compromised and had two with me after he already had his two from a previous marriage. We are using pull and pray and I'm pretty sure that he is perfect at it......

We have 4 kids (two of them are my step kids and only live here 50/50 of the time.) They are ages 11 and 9. My two dd's are 3.5 and 16 months. So...another baby would be 5...well, 50% of the time in this house. I think DH would have a heart attack........and yet, man do I want it!!!
littlecutie likes this.
__________________
Make a pregnancy ticker
[SIZE="4"] [SIZE="7"]


Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
Reply With Quote
  #14  
August 27th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyctre View Post
I understand a little. I don't know if I would call what I have baby fever, but I have realized I want one more to keep my second company. My first child lives in Autism Land so having a child that is typically developing(we can tell already!) and one that is Autistic is kind of like having 2 only children. But anyway, I would like Winter to be as close in age as the third as possible. I am a little anxious to get it over with. I really don't like pregnancy or the baby stages all that much. Babies are cute, but they are so needy!
Same as you hun, my first child is 4 and is a little girl, my second child is 2, is a little boy and is autistic aswell. I thought i was done having kids as my little man was very hard to mind from birth until lately for many reasons relating to his autism, one of the main being he has chronic insomnia. He has been prescribed melatonin and has started to sleep at night. The older he gets the more obvious it is that it is like having two "only" children, as they are so different and because of his condition he rarely interacts with us or his sister. I hear my little girl talking to herself sometimes or playing with imaginary friends and my heart aches for her that she hasn't anyone to play with. She told me the other day that she would love if her brother could talk or would play tag with her and my heart broke :C I would like to have another child so she will have someone to talk to and play with and i don't want to leave it too long as she is 4 years old. I just need to convince dh. :C

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherbabymaybe View Post
Im so glad im not the only one!!! Money is tight here too! Not to the point of "we cant afford food" lol.. but we cant do things every week like the movies, or out to dinner. I also know that family vacations will be more like when we go to amusement parks etc... but how often do we do that??? ummm once a year! LOL! But i agree whats 1 more? We will make it work, but i get nervous about college etc.. but hey im nervous about college with 3! I HATE being pregnant, i gain too much weight, im sick at the start but i LOVE giving birth?? is that weird?? lol
Totally know what you mean! I miss feeling a baby kicking inside of me I think because we have been through so much with my last child (he is 2 and has autism) i feel strangely confident with my abilities as a mom as prior to that i was a bag of nerves. I think if we got through the early months of my little man's life and survived we can do anything. Same as that, money very tight here, a day out involves going to the grocery store lol! I definetly hope i will be lucky enough to become pregnant one last time. I don't think i will complain half as much as i did that last time as i know i will be very lucky to be having a baby (fingers crossed). I just want to have a sibling for my little girl, that she can talk to and play with.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherbabymaybe View Post
Im so glad im not the only one!!! Money is tight here too! Not to the point of "we cant afford food" lol.. but we cant do things every week like the movies, or out to dinner. I also know that family vacations will be more like when we go to amusement parks etc... but how often do we do that??? ummm once a year! LOL! But i agree whats 1 more? We will make it work, but i get nervous about college etc.. but hey im nervous about college with 3! I HATE being pregnant, i gain too much weight, im sick at the start but i LOVE giving birth?? is that weird?? lol
Totally know what you mean! I miss feeling a baby kicking inside of me I think because we have been through so much with my last child (he is 2 and has autism) i feel strangely confident with my abilities as a mom as prior to that i was a bag of nerves. I think if we got through the early months of my little man's life and survived we can do anything. Same as that, money very tight here, a day out involves going to the grocery store lol! I definetly hope i will be lucky enough to become pregnant one last time. I don't think i will complain half as much as i did that last time as i know i will be very lucky to be having a baby (fingers crossed). I just want to have a sibling for my little girl, that she can talk to and play with.x
Reply With Quote
  #15  
August 27th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Freaking Louisiana
Posts: 7,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecutie View Post
I thought i was done having kids as my little man was very hard to mind from birth until lately for many reasons relating to his autism, one of the main being he has chronic insomnia.
Alice did that!!! Up every two hours for the first 14 months! She was up at least once after that, and still wakes up at 3 AM constantly. I was so worried with the second, but she came home sleeping 8+ hours a night.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
September 4th, 2012, 04:46 AM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: memphis,TN
Posts: 930
My baby fever isn't really in full force yet. I think something clicked in my head when my sister had her 4th. I keep changing my mind of what i want to do. lol. I think i've lost it.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #17  
September 4th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Regular
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SE Texas
Posts: 53
My baby fever is mighty at the moment... I was very young when I had my two daughters. They are now 14 and 12. BF has a 5 year old daughter we have 50%. When I was pregnant, I was in a horrid marriage and didn't enjoy all those special things fully. I'm looking so forward to all the moments and feelings that should have been a long time ago.
jeweluv likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
September 5th, 2012, 07:07 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,395
My dh has two kids from a previous marriage ages 11 and 9...we have two daughters together, 3 and 1. He is 43 and I am 29. I so don't want to be done but he is done and even compromised by having a second with me.

I would easily want 4 of my own.........we are using pull out method for whatever reason..lol, hoping GOD will bless us with a baby. I'm impatient and of course would love it now, but DH will undoubtedly get a vasectomy after so if I want to prolong by childbearing years, I'm hoping for one in about another year or two...if I can wait.
__________________
Make a pregnancy ticker
[SIZE="4"] [SIZE="7"]


Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:25 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0