CM Question

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By jellybean93
  • 2 Post By Terra_Mater
  • 1 Post By jellybean93

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2012, 03:24 AM
jellybean93's Avatar Super Mommy
I know you are generally meant to have EWCM right before ovulation, but is it also possible to have an ABUNDANT amount of creamy CM for 4 days before O and then sort of disappear the day of O?
FF says i have Ovulated because of obvious temp spike, etc. But if i removed the Watery CM note from my chart it gives me dashed lines (I'm not sure if it really was watery CM or Semen ) The following day i had what seemed like a little bit of Creamy CM but mixed with a tiny bit of EWCM. But all of it in general was very scarce that day.

Another question is about the temp corrector...
I've had to wake up 2 hours earlier since 1 dpo (currently at 4 dpo)
Without temp correcting, all the temps are still above coverline, however, 3dpo is 0.3 below.
If i make it the original temps, it drops my coverline. But then O doesn't correspond to FAM rules.
I have temped before when ive woken up earlier and then gone back to sleep and temped again at usual time (3 hours solid sleep) and my temp was substantially higher, so what do i do about these temps.

I hate it when life gets in the way of charting!!

Last edited by jellybean93; August 23rd, 2012 at 03:27 AM.
August 23rd, 2012, 09:02 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
It is possible to get creamy looking cm before O. The "ewcm" I got pregnant with last May was like creamy cm with ew consistency. Mine wasn't semen, we only did it once that month.

As for the temps, can I see your chart? I stopped temping because of stuff like that. CP and CM override that any day. I think if you had a HSO cervix with EWCM or cloudy EWCM one day that abruptly vanishes to be replaced by LCF cervix and dry mucus, you did O.
August 23rd, 2012, 09:08 AM
Thanks for your reply, i just realised that i might have mistaken my temp on 1dpo (i use the memory function sometimes and if i leave it for too long it gives me the thermometers "default" temperature. It happened this morning and i only clicked now because its the same temp as 1 dpo...)
In which case, my CM corresponds much better... But theres no way to really tell for sure i guess.

My Ovulation Chart
August 23rd, 2012, 03:16 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Wow, you have a big range in temps! lol But it looks like there's a definite lower and higher right now. So your 1 DPO should be around 97.2? Still seems like you O'd if it is.

Are you waking up around the same time normally? Getting enough water?
August 24th, 2012, 02:55 AM
Yeah FF gives me solid cross hairs if i make 1dpo the 92.7 temp.

Dunno what happened this morning but temp is down again, will see if it goes back up tomorrow

To be honest, i actually dont drink much water at all
Before O i was waking up at the same time, then since 1dpo i have had to wake up 2 hours earlier than usual (every day).

Yeah, wish i had a neat chart with temps nice and stable

There's definitely SOMETHING happening hormones wise, i feel confident ive O'ed because i am feeling SUPER hormonal lol all emotional and then grumpy and and and.... ah the life of a woman
August 24th, 2012, 04:03 AM
BOYSxTWO's Avatar Veteran
*thread hijack*

what is the difference between "creamy CM" and "EWCM"?

i don't temp/check CP or anything like that, but i do use apps on my phone...2 of them had me O on wednesday, while the other 2 apps had me O on thursday. on wednesday, i did get a noticable amount of CM all day. on thursday, i still had the noticable CM, but not as much and it tapered off by the end of the day. not sure what that's about or signifying...does that mean maybe i did O or that O is coming...say today maybe? all this is sooooooooooo confusing...i wish PG would go ahead and happen already!
August 24th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Creamy CM looks... like cream. Its white and, well, creamy. lol

EWCM (Egg white CM) literally looks like egg whites. its transparent and you can stretch it between your fingers. EWCM is the most fertile mucus.

Hope that helps!

Im not too sure how those apps would work without temps or CM/CP unless you are VERY regular. Although i know that even the worlds most regular person can still have delayed O because of other factors like stress, etc.

As Spyctre said above "I think if you had a HSO cervix with EWCM or cloudy EWCM one day that abruptly vanishes to be replaced by LCF cervix and dry mucus, you did O."

BOYSxTWO likes this.
August 24th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Terra_Mater's Avatar Veteran
Hope this helps.

Although EWCM is best for fertility, I have read that it increases your chances of having a boy and that creamy CM in fact is also fertile, and increases your chances of having a girl.

There are ways to increase EWCM by changing your diet and taking supplements. Certain things like red raspberry leaf and chasteberry will do this for you Check out the "Understanding Your Cycle" section that pops up under the "Pregnancy" tab. There is more information there.
Spyctre and BOYSxTWO like this.
August 24th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Good to know, Terra! DH wants a boy next time. I had sex one time just a few hours before O, and still got a girl last time. So much for his boys being faster swimmers.

Creamy CM is like they said. I'll add that it looks a lot like lotion. EWCM is the really abundant stuff you get sometimes. It'll me really abundant, shiny, and slick looking on the toilet paper. If you had some on you fingers, when you rub it between your thumb and index then separate them, the mucus will stretch very far and not break. Over an inch or two.
August 25th, 2012, 03:51 AM
Well, Creamy CM can be abundant too (as in my case this cycle).

Just to add to your note about Chasteberry... I have read that you should avoid it if your LH levels are already high, so maybe consult a GP before taking it

Although CM can play a role in gender selection, there are other factors that can play a role such as position, orgasm timing and timing around ovulation
Terra_Mater likes this.
September 3rd, 2012, 04:42 PM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
I always get the creamy cm before ewcm. always.

September 4th, 2012, 02:08 AM
How long before? This cycle it seems i had 4 days of ABUNDANT creamy CM, followed by 1 day of light wet CM and 1 day of light ewcm.

My Ovulation Chart
September 4th, 2012, 04:18 AM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
i don't remember having it that long maybe 2-3 days tops and it's usually quite alot.

September 18th, 2012, 11:27 AM
My ewcm usually only lasts a day (o day) but this cycle it lasted longer. I usually get a lot of creamy cm right before ewcm too if that helps!
October 3rd, 2012, 07:02 AM
jkgreen's Avatar Awaiting Our First Bundle
I have a question:
For the past week, in this order, I've had:
really wet cm.. like almost like water for a few days,
thick like when I touched it, it would just leave peaks, for a couple days,
then yesterday I felt like I got AF, and when I got to go to the bathroom, it was a large clump of thick, creamy, kinda slippery
And now it is back to dryish with watery..
Does that sound like AF?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search