Sharp pains in groin area?!

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By jellybean93
  • 1 Post By Spyctre
  • 1 Post By jellybean93
  • 1 Post By jellybean93

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2012, 02:27 PM
jellybean93's Avatar Super Mommy
Hey ladies!

Just want to know if anyone else has experienced these sharp pains too? They are on my left hand side, sort of in my pelvis. Basically my groin area but they are nothing like AF cramps. It started this afternoon and then disappeared for a bit now this evening they have returned. Its not EXTREMELY painful, but enough for me to be aware of it. Sometimes it feels like a shooting pain that goes all the way to my hooha.

Anyways, FF puts me at 6 dpo today but it is possible to be only 5 dpo too. (if thats got anything to do with it?!)
August 25th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Terra_Mater's Avatar Veteran
There are many reasons you can have a cramp in that area, here are a few off the top of my head, excluding O cramping:

+Cramping before AF. Symptoms can always change as your hormones change, although depends on the severity of the cramping.

+Muscle cramping, if it's the leg you are dominant in. Do you use that leg to open doors, or kick things out of your way?

+Nerve pinching. You have a group of muscles called your Adductors, specifically a tendon that crosses from the femur to the pubis. If it is tight at all, which is on most people, it can act up or pinch a nerve.

+Indigestion. People who sit on toilets (most of us) can tear their rectum when going #2. If your colon is backed up from constipation or overactive from diarrhea, it can cause muscle cramping which would indeed send some shooting pains in different places.

+Light cramping or pulling could indicate pregnancy. Keep an eye on your symptoms as the days progress and try to keep your body relaxed.
August 26th, 2012, 03:13 AM
Thanks for you info!

At 5 or 6 dpo wont it be too early for AF cramps? i generally only cramp as AF arrives.
I'm not left leg dominant and i currently have a pinched nerve in my shoulder so i know what that feels like...
Bowl movements are totally normal so i doubt its anything to do with that.
If pregnancy is the case, would i have this light cramping so early?

Today the cramping has moved to the other side as well, not getting the shooting pain down my leg anymore but it almost feels like both sides are tugging/ pulling. But its very slight, not painful.

Had a temp drop below the coverline again this morning, so not sure what my body is doing. Maybe AF is going to come early...
Terra_Mater likes this.
August 26th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I get gas pain exactly where you described. My cramps are always in the center. Gas pains are off to the left or right. O pain is quite different to me. It is a sudden pinch or pain that fades within a second.
Terra_Mater likes this.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2017.

http://arwenart.com
August 26th, 2012, 03:06 PM
This is different though, like nothing I've experienced before...i dunno. I guess its very similar to AF cramping. Just not as intense, if that makes sense? I mean, would gas pain shot in to into vagina?! The cramping is mainly to the lower left side light right next to my vajayjay but it moves to center and the right side through out the day, just dominating on the right...

Just a bit unsettled i guess, my temps are all over the place too so just one big ball of grumpy
August 26th, 2012, 05:08 PM
I think the earliest you can test is 8 DPO, so if you wanted to calm your nerves you could always try that. Keep an eye on the temps and try to keep calm!! Crossing my fingers for you!
August 27th, 2012, 02:03 AM
Thanks! I'm going to have to wait it out until AF is late... Stupid no EPT policy!
Terra_Mater likes this.
August 27th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Just read about signs of ectopic pregnancies, and pain on one side is one of the symptoms. Not that that's what it is, but just thought of you and thought you would want to know.
August 27th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Thank you, it has crossed my mind but I've kind of thrown that thought out the window (ignorance is bliss? for now...)
I wouldn't describe the feeling as painful though... more, weird? Its not always on the right either anymore, it moves to center and left side and sometimes it feels abit like AF type cramps (but a lot more mild)
A friend of mine had an ectopic and she was in an immense about of pain, so i think ill just keep a close eye on this and see what comes of it, maybe its just mother nature giving me a little heads up that AF is going to come with a VENGEANCE!
Terra_Mater likes this.

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search