Hi and question about testing

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Hi. I just registered but been lurking the site on and off for a while now.

So I have a question. To start, lately Iíve been under a lot of stress and will continue to be under abnormal amounts of stress for one more month. Currently Iím over two weeks late for my period. I know i'm not pregnant because we had a two month dry spell prior to this week and I already needlessly tested.

Anyway, the last two days we have been not so much trying as tempting fate. Starting tomorrow we are going to try and wait a couple of years before we start regularly NTNP because, despite what we want, we know this is just not the right time for us. So since my cycle was thrown out of wack- usually Iím very regular- and I know iím not currently pregnant when should I test for pregnancy? I figure it is two to three weeks out from today but Iím not that sure. What if I use the early detection test?

Thanks for helping this victim of a hormones vs logic battle.
August 31st, 2012, 02:16 AM
jellybean93's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm just trying to understand your post a little better, not sure if i get what you're saying. (why would you want to test if you know you aren't pregnant?)

Anyways, the general rule is to wait til you've missed your period. Although early detection can often pick up before this time... I don't like testing before due to chemical pregnancies. So i like to save myself from that and wait (Sometimes i don't always manage this! LOL)

Stress cannot delay your period, however, it can delay ovulation (which in-turn delays your period... make sense?)

But to answer your question in the most straight forward sense: Early Detection tests are able to pick up pregnancy from as early as 8 days passed ovulation/ 6 days before your missed period (quite rare but possibe!)

Hope that helps?

My Ovulation Chart
August 31st, 2012, 02:17 AM
jellybean93's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm just trying to understand your post a little better, not sure if i get what you're saying. (why would you want to test if you know you aren't pregnant?)

Anyways, the general rule is to wait til you've missed your period. Although early detection can often pick up before this time... I don't like testing before due to chemical pregnancies. So i like to save myself from that and wait (Sometimes i don't always manage this! LOL)

Stress cannot delay your period, however, it can delay ovulation (which in-turn delays your period... make sense?)

But to answer your question in the most straight forward sense: Early Detection tests are able to pick up pregnancy from as early as 8 days passed ovulation/ 6 days before your missed period (quite rare but possibe!)

Hope that helps?

My Ovulation Chart
August 31st, 2012, 07:15 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Test 21 days from the last time you had sex if you are unsure of where you are in your cycle. Give 7 days for all the sperm to die(in theory say you are at most 7 days from ovulation), 14 days for most tests to accurately test for pregnancy.

Good luck! =)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search