DUKAN DIET.....has anyone else tried it????

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ErinBoshnyak1985
  • 1 Post By willumluck

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2012, 01:25 PM
ErinBoshnyak1985's Avatar Super Mommy
In preparation of getting preggers, I decided last year around the end of June to give the Dukan Diet a try. I wasn't really expecting to lose anything, but, behold! One year and 3 months later, I have lost a total of 145lbs! If you are at your wits end, give this diet a try.....I am kind of an exercise wimp, I'll walk or hike for no more than 30 min like once or twice a week, and I lost a tremendous amount of weight.

I know it sounds too good to be true, but it really does work!!!! The only cautionary thing is, take you vitamins, vitamins, vitamins!!!! You don't gain a lot of nutritional value for the first 5-10 days or so, its just a jump-start; and be prepared to be creative with your food if you don't want to get bored. Get the book, there are recipes in there.

I really enjoyed it because it does allow you to eat oat bran, which I found a great substitute for the bread I was missing: I made pancakes and muffins with this stuff, Yummers!!!!!

I want everyone to try this!!!!!!!
hotchicmama likes this.
September 15th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Sounds like you cut out wheat. Is that what it is? My dad has been doing that for 4 weeks. He's already lost 20 lbs.
September 16th, 2012, 08:34 PM
ErinBoshnyak1985's Avatar Super Mommy
i didnt eat bread or any sort of carb for i think it was 6 mos...wow it was kinda hard. Veggies and protein and that was it. But I love chicken, steak, hamburger, and all that stuff.....the sweetener of choice is Truvia. I can't stand real sugar now
November 22nd, 2012, 08:24 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
So kind of like Adkins? Just no carbs or sugar? Dad plateaued at 30ish lbs of weight loss, but then again he did only cut out wheat. I have done the Duncan Diet. I didn't know what it was called, I just ate what I liked to eat, and that wasn't bread products or carbs really. lol Just lots of salads, fruits, cheese, milk... Next to no meat either. I lost so much weight, and my energy was so high! I would leap out of bed in the morning. When I got up, I was UP. Need to make some kind of change because I am constantly tired.
December 20th, 2013, 03:16 AM
I had use only vegetable in my diet for six month, and I had loss near 30 lbs.
tmac likes this.

Tags
diet , losing weight

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search