Pre Seed??

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2012, 07:03 AM
jkgreen's Avatar Awaiting Our First Bundle
I don't know if I should write this on here, or another spot, so I am going to start here anyways.
What is this about Pre-Seed. I know that it will mimic the fertile mucus to help the sperm last longer until you ovulate.. Or is that not right?

I've only glanced at the box on the shelf at Target, and saw that there are "applications".
I'm never sure of when I ovulate (and am checking out bbt charts to see if that is something I want to do) Would Pre-seed be used for that?? I know that it won't make the sperm "super sperm", but would it make the little army last to it's fullest potential?

I know my hubby and I are NTNP, but I want to research things before talking to him about possibly starting small instead of going full on trying.
October 2nd, 2012, 08:53 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Pre-seed is just a lubrication that will not kill sperm. Regardless what a lot of lubes say, they do kill the little swimmers. Even water kills them off. I know it's obvious that lube is not birth control, but it does lower the chances of sperm getting to your egg. The only times I conceived were without lube, and I have never gotten pregnant while I use it.

Anyway, I am not sure about it making sperm last longer, but I do know it doesn't kill them. The life of the sperm depends. They can survive for a maximum of 7 days, but that is extremely optimistic. Most sperm survives around 48 hours, maaaayyybe 72. They say your egg can survive up to 48, and that is also really optimistic. Most last 12.

If you want the best chances, my advice would be to get your natural juices flowing, and have sex around ovulation. Drink lots of water. The more hydrated you are, the more hydrated things get.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search