Been MIA

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tinky

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Still Trying for #1
I introduced myself at the end of my last cycle. At the time I was still hoping that I was pregnant, but knew before AF showed her face that I wasn't. My husband was disappointed when AF finally showed. So like most months we discussed the plan for TTC for this cycle. Safe to say it has just about fallen through, like it usually does.

I feel less stressed NTNP because most of the time my husband is too tired to BD, but I wish there was more I could do. We have been on this journey for almost 15 months now and I am ready for it to end, but I don't want it to destroy our marriage or become my whole life, which it has been a big part of my thoughts every day. I will be happy with one if I could just get pregnant. I know I have read how most women usually want another soon after they had a baby, but we will cross that bridge when we get to it.

I also made board host over at TTC 6+ months, so I usually spend most of my time there. I'm gonna try to be more active over here though.

October 9th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Veteran
So sorry for you Have you thought about trying any "help" from fertility doctors. As far as getting tested you and your husband?

October 9th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Still Trying for #1
We haven't yet because some months we didn't BD during my fertile period. If I am not pregnant by the New Year, my husband said he would go get an SA, but getting tests done on me, well, I'm afraid of the costs.

October 9th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
I know that the thought of testing can be scary and overwhelming. There are some fairly simple things that could be in the way that are somewhat routine? like thryoid, etc? I do hope and pray that it all works out before the end of the year and that there will be no worry or any testing to be had. <3

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
October 10th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Still Trying for #1
Thanks. Honestly I don't want to go for testing because most of the time it is just timing BDing. My husband is usually too tired to BD during the week and because I am clock-work, I am always fertile during the week. :/

I just hope we can have one child before I turn 30.

October 10th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope you do as well. I feel that there was a big big difference in being a mommy in my 20s and being a mommy in my 30s.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
October 10th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Still Trying for #1
What do you mean by that? Just out of curiosity

October 10th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Not that one age was better than another. I don't mean it that way. I said I hoped you do as well because I like to see people achieve goals they have for themselves. You have a goal set for yourself to be a mommy before you turn 30.

As a mommy in my 20s I saw things differently. I was a different person, but I think I had the same basic rules and ways of doing things. I didn't know awhole lot then. The internet has opened a wide door of knowledge for me. Things I know now I WISH I had known then. There are things I'd do different. I just know that for me, since I 'aged' and learned things it did change my view on things. SO it made how I feel about being a mommy and how I do some things ever so slighly different. Is that making any sense to you?
mrsb1029 likes this.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
October 10th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Still Trying for #1
Yea that makes sense