Off the pill periods suck

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2012, 04:18 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Prob a bit TMI really but oh well...
Now it has been a long time since I was off the pill and can still remember my periods being suck but I thought it would take a little more time to get there! Normally on the pill it only lasts for three days, maybe one more of spotting if I'm unlucky. This is my first cycle off the pill and my period lasted 6 days and then today on CD9... surprise, go to the bathroom to find that I was bleeding at some point today :/. I know it's probably just gonna be all the hormones readjusting and such but it gets better, right?

October 19th, 2012, 12:42 AM
jellybean93's Avatar Super Mommy
Well i am extremely jealous! I went off the pill in January and only had my first post pill period on the 9th of June!! Still waiting around for her to show face...
October 19th, 2012, 02:33 AM
Oh I haven't had a full cycle yet since coming off for good, this was the "period" that I would have got anyway in the sugar pill section made longer I guess by not starting back up on the pill again. Or at least I'm assuming that the hormones when starting up the next packet is what was cutting the periods back to three days. More obnoxious spotting again today! I might still be in the same boat as you yet, we will have to see what happens come next month

October 19th, 2012, 09:28 AM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
Its gets better. I've had 2 cycles off the pill and this one was a lot short 3 or 4 days, still pretty heavy and then I got a surprise too like 3 days later, but nothing much..I think they will def. get better if your normal periods (before the pill) weren't too bad.
October 20th, 2012, 11:34 AM
I'm taking some folliculinum to try get things going, willing to try anything at this point!! The period i had in June was a very normal period, so much so that i was convinced my body was back to normal. Well...

Btw, did you ladies stop your pill in the sugar pill section? I stopped afew days before my sugar pills and i read somewhere or the other that this can mess things up abit? Have you heard the same thing?00
October 20th, 2012, 03:25 PM
I used to stop them in the sugar pill section most of the time, sometimes I would skip a month or so at a time every now and then. Did your birth control pills end on a friday and sugar pills start on a saturday and then the new pill packet would start up on a saturday? Mine did but I was sick of still having a period on the weekend because it takes me until the wednesday to start my period if i follow the pill schedule. So I would stop taking the pills on the thursday and after most of the sugar pills take the friday one I skipped and then go onto the new packet. Worked pretty well for me but I was on one that was the same dose every day and I did that for pretty much all of this year and some of last year.
I think I've heard of it messing with stuff a bit when you stop in the middle, especially if it is one of those pills that has varying strengths or something throughout the packet but I wouldn't think a few days before the end would make much difference. I actually took a two extra at the end of the month when I came off the pill because I was due to start my period the day before my birthday. Came a day early on the night of my birthday on the car ride home anyway

Last edited by bella88; October 20th, 2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: can't spell or enunciate today :/
October 21st, 2012, 06:25 AM
Ah okay, Ya mine had 3 different hormone strengths. Ugh i just wish the nurse had told me that being so messed up would be a possibility when i was 16 and went to her. Instead i got the "i was on it for 12 years and no issues what so ever" speech. Misleading much?
October 23rd, 2012, 01:44 AM
IT'S A TRAP! I guess everyone's different in how they react to different stuff. I had a friend get pregnant while on the pill for her first pregnancy. Later on when trying for a baby she miscarried so got the depo shot to give herself a break for three months and then it took 8 months for her cycle to start up again from the one shot. I hope all goes well for me coming off the pill and that it doesn't take too long. Also that your cycles start up again soon . Or that you don't get one and get pregnant the first time

October 23rd, 2012, 04:02 AM
Thanks! for you too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search