spotting 12 days before period due

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2012, 07:08 AM
I am an 18 year old, healthy and in a relationship. My periods always run on a 35 day cycle from the first day of one to the first day of the next. I'm never more than 1 day early or late, but yesterday I noticed dome light brown spotting 12 days before my next period is due. The spotting stopped after a couple of hours but has continued again today, slightly heavier and slightly redder but still not like my normally heavy periods. I didn't have my usual 'warning cramps' a week before it started, I'm really bloated and tired, I'm getting random waves of nausea, and I'm having very mild cramps today. I don't know if this is just due to stress of over working and little sleep or if I should be buying a pregnancy test, any advice?
October 18th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Veteran
Hello there! Well I am assuming you aren't on birth control or you wouldn't be asking right? It sounds like it could have been maybe ovulation spotting? It happens to all of us from time to time you just get break thru spotting. I would wait the full 35 days and if no period than test. Good Luck!

October 18th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen

I'm assuming you had a period 23 days ago, and you aren't late yet? Technically, you can ovulate as early as 10 days into your cycle. You might have a freak ovulation that early. Not too likely, but it can happen. I actually spot when my body tries and fails to ovulate. So it could be ovulation, it could be implantation spotting, or it could be that you haven't ovulated yet. Only time will tell. I agree to just wait till you're late to worry about anything.
October 18th, 2012, 11:51 PM
jellybean93's Avatar Super Mommy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search