Ovulation question.

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Spyctre

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2012, 12:41 PM
jellybean93's Avatar Super Mommy
To the ladies who are using OPK's or charting but also checking CP...

Where is your cervix the day you O? Mine went way up that i could barely reach it for a few days then today it has dropped down, but not AF low. I'm trying to figure out if i O'd yesterday or today. This afternoon i had AF type cramps which I'm wondering if they were possible O cramps.
My cycles are FAR from regular and i got fed up with rocky bbt's so its really all just guesswork for me at the moment...
October 23rd, 2012, 11:33 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would like to know what you guys think of that too. Hope you don't mind if I post here as it's similar but if you do I can start a new topic. My cervix has stayed pretty far up most of the time so far this cycle but its really high up and over the last few days has been pretty soft. It's not what I'd call open but I don't think it's closed either. I think CM might be watery but there's not enough of it to tell. No real colour to it and def not EWCM. Backache and strange niggly pains low in my stomach for the last 2 1/2 days. I thought I was going to have more obnoxious spotting again but I haven't. First cycle off the pill so I know I may not ovulate for a while yet and things may be screwy but I'm on CD 15 atm so I've got my fingers crossed that I'm ovulating soon. I think it's more my body going *** AM I SUPPOSED TO DOOOOO?! I haven't had a crack at this in seven odd years, let's see if I remember...

October 24th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
I wish i were of more help. I have forgotten most of what I knew about TTC like CP etc.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
October 24th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I tried to answer this last night, however JM was wigging out. Let's try this again. I hope I can help a little by telling you what my body does.

When I'm not fertile, my cervix is not only reachable, but I can reach that sucker with just the first joint of my finger. Really low.

Right before O and for a few days after O, it's about halfway. I can easily reach it, and I don't have to work to do it.

When I'm about to ovulate, it will rise way up. A lot of times, especially in the morning, it will be so high I can't reach it. During this time, it is so open I can fit my fingertip into it. Since I've had children, the outer part of my cervix is always slightly open. It's a bit funneled when I'm not fertile. Completely opened when I am.

CM is dry at the beginning of the cycle, quickly becomes sticky. It will then go to creamy and after a creamy/EWCM mix. That's what I conceived my girls with. It looked like really stretchy creamy CM. After the creamy, it's full on EWCM. Gets sticky right after O and back to a creamy/sticky mix right as I near the end of my luteal phase. A day before my period it will return to EWCM. That's your uterus starting to shed the EWCM in your lining. I also get a few hours around 6-7 DPO of EWCM. That's just a hormone surge. Most women get it.

OK, so cervix is HSO on the day of ovulation, though lately it is never too high to reach. I know for sure I am ovulating, though. Sometimes I never see "EWCM" and just get the stretchy creamy kind. Sometimes it is eggwhite with a few tiny streaks of creamy in it, and sometimes it's all eggwhite.

Side note: I had a lot of "gearing up to ovulate" spotting last cycle. Body would try and fail, try and fail. Happened 4-5 times, cycle lasted almost 80 days. First real good PP cycle(7 months PP), and I'm breastfeeding. I had 3 seconds of the slightest spotting once a month for the first 6 months.

I hope this helped!
bella88 likes this.
October 25th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Haha im probably embarrassing excited but cervix was high, soft and mostly open yesterday. mostly all the way open yesterday and today wooooo! HSO AND EWCM XD. Cm was mostly watery the last few day but def EWCM this morning, no mistaking it. Guess the weird funky cramp type things might be O pains after all. It's prob bordering on silly but im all OMG maybe my body remembers what to do after all! Aaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!! Lol getting excited over the status of my cervix is new. I am so going to jump DH when he gets home and he will be all, so what are u in a mood for? I think I'll stick with i missed you lol.

I also used to get something similar to EWCM right before af, about half way between that and watery. I haven't had EWCM mid cycle in a long time but i can remember it from the first time.i saw it and thought oh what's this? So far this brand new cycle has been quite different being off the pill but i guess that's because it's a real one, not a pill one. My charts in my siggy but it's kinda similar to what u described too.

October 25th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Good grief, your spotting was as long as mine this cycle. I was sooo tired of AF by the time she was done! Doing better on ovulation. If this is your day, that's awesome. Mine was a couple days ago, CD 28! =P I used to ovulate on CD 17 for the most part. 11 day LP gave me a 28 day cycle. I want to take some Vitex so bad to regulate myself.

8 months post partum, guess I can only get better. A cycle less than 40 days definitely beats one of 80+.
October 26th, 2012, 01:56 AM
I really hope today is the day. Or maybe it was last night/this morning as the EWCM is gone now I think and cervix might be closing up again now. Lol I'm not really sure exactly when it is supposed to happen lol. I'm still getting this wierd niggly almost crampy feeling way down low in my stomach but not as much as the last few days.The spotting was pretty darn ridiculous. I've been spoilt by being on the pill for the last 7 years. The three days of bleeding and, if it was a long month, maybe an extra day of spotting in there left me forgetting what it was like to have a real period lol.

October 26th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Probably sometime last night if it is drying up. I hate when I O overnight. I never know what to put for my O day!
October 26th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Yeah i hope it was earlier than i thought, more in the running that way XD. The trouble is that me being off the pill has my sex drive soaring and his lowering. It's nice to have one again as the pill kills it for me. DH is a scaredy cat and says that sex is like Russian roulette now, only more dangerous lol.

October 28th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Sorry i have been way busy! Thanks for your reply Arwen, it was helpful

Bella, my fingers are crossed that this is your cycle too!

I guess only time will tell if i did actually O or not, if i did i would be 6dpo today (almost in the 1ww!!!) Im feeling pretty confident, and DF and i dtd 12 hours before i suspected i O'ed (which i read is the most ideal timing )
I have felt this confident before and it was nothing so not getting my hopes up! LOL but its hard not to obsess

Bella, tell DH that there's only a 25% chance of the egg fertilizing and attaching even if sex was timed perfectly and all conditions were ideal.... Worked on my DF Whats meant to happen will happen.
In all seriousness though, i did fall pregnant in January when i was still on the pill and taking it religiously (it ended up being a chemical pregnancy though). I went off the pill then and have been DTD unprotected since then and still nothing. So i really do believe it will happen when it is meant to happen, no matter how hard we try avoid it or plan it... But i do hope its going to happen for both of us soon!
October 28th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Hahaha I do tell him that but he still thinks he will knock me up at the drop of the hat. It's half scared and half his usual cocky arrogance that I still find cute . Probably doesn't help that it did happen at the first slip up back in the day, even though I remind him that we aren't 16 anymore lol. If it is on the day I stuck up on FF, then we DTD 2 days before O and if it was the night of the day before then 1 day before so not too bad really. So I'm 3-4 DPO perhaps .I figured assuming it was sometime in the morning might be my best bet and stop me testing too early. I want to buy tests now even though realistically they wouldn't show anything for a week at best hahaha. I hope it's our turn this month too!

October 28th, 2012, 02:03 PM
2 days before O makes chances of having a girl higher
October 28th, 2012, 02:52 PM
nooooooo XD. Apparently it might be the other way around, I read on the TTC a specific gender board that shettles might have had it wrong and the other way around is more prevalent. I'm going to hope that if this is the month then shettles was wrong Any baby is nice but if I get to pick I want a boy. My replies to DH referring to sex off the pill as being more dangerous than russian roulette were along the lines of "If you are going to be such a sook about it you are going to give me all girl babies"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search