Baby names

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Have you got yours picked out yet?

DH and I were talking the other day about boy names. With our first we wanted NORMAL. Walk into the DMV, say and not SPELL a name, normal. So we gave her Alice Marie. With our second, we decided we should go a bit more special, but we still had that spelling rule. Winter Rose should be easy enough. With our future boy, we have pretty much said f*ck it, we are going to be total geeks and make his life miserable. He will never find his name on a key chain! One day I hope we will get our Aries Tiberius. I'm actually not sure if I even spelt Captain Kirk's middle name correctly. lol

I have other geeks that are very enthusiastic about the name. James and I are both fans of mythology so Aries was fairly easy. I am slightly more fond of Mars, but then it will sound like we are fans of astronomy. Not that stars aren't awesome. Then we are both Trekies. Spock is definitely the cooler one, but Spock doesn't sound as good. Aries Spock. Not so much. Aries William, Aries Picard....Aries WORF....Aries Data... Tiberius it is!
October 26th, 2012, 01:49 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have had a boy name picked out for years: James Edward Alexander. We like a few other boys names too but our first boy is named lol. Still haven't decided on girls names but so far the only one that we both like is Holly.

Last edited by bella88; October 28th, 2012 at 04:46 AM.
October 28th, 2012, 07:20 AM
jellybean93's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a whole list! They range from normal to not so common, but i wouldn't say they are as uncommon as yours Arwen

Our first son's middle name HAS to be Ivan (which i really don't like!!) But its DF's middle name and his grandfathers, etc.

I want to keep a list of names and first see baby before i give him/her their name
October 28th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
Yup. sure do! I like names that are a little less common but not completely out there. A couple of my kids have somewhat more circulated names but they have special meaning because of who the name came from. Our last will be a combo of both.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
October 28th, 2012, 06:45 PM
jkgreen's Avatar Awaiting Our First Bundle
Yep!! Ha! My husband and I have been together since high school, so of course as girls do, I've picked some out.. And surprisingly they have stayed for the past 8 years.
Girl: Cadence Marie
Boy: Ty Edwin
October 28th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybean93 View Post
Our first son's middle name HAS to be Ivan (which i really don't like!!) But its DF's middle name and his grandfathers, etc.
My mom's family had that for the girls. Ellie Louise, Zettie Louise, Sharon Louise... I am really glad it stopped with my mom. I hate the name Louise! So did my mom. Her middle name is now legally her maiden initial. I would have gone full middle, personally, but I guess C is better than Louise.
October 29th, 2012, 05:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
I lucked out as name sakes have it. When my sister and I were expecting our first My Grandfather died. I promised if we had a boy I'd name him after gramps. Robert Richard it was. My sister had a girl and promised to name after a favorite great AUnt. Ruthie Jane. I HATE that name. My first TR baby was a boy and we decided to name him after my father, but with a twist. He was given up for adorption when he was 4 and reunited with his siblings when I was a teen. My son has his birthname. Raymond Matthew.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search