new here could use some advice

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Spyctre

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Veteran
hey my name is kirsten and i have a nine month old named zaiden. lately i have really been getting the baby bug and so has my husband right now our finances arent ideal we could probably swing another baby but idk if i should hold off until we know for sure for sure we are okay... ive always wanted at least two kids close in age, i want my son to have a sibling close to grow up with but is it fair to bring a baby into this world if i can only provide basic needs at this point? whats more important the extra things you can buy and provide for them or giving them siblings to play with?
November 14th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I am a firm believer in not waiting when you want children. If you wait till you can afford a child, you may never have them. The human race would have been extinct ages ago if that's how people did it.

Right now we have food stamps. We don't go out hardly ever. No restaurants, no movies. We can afford what they need and toys every now and then, and we want a third. I used to work, but was fired for wanting pumping breaks. My husband decided we should just do this till she was weaned....and then she turned out autistic! So I've been home with her. We're in our 30's now. If we want children, it needs to get done. We'll worry about spoiling them later.

I grew up a lot poorer than we are. I once lived in a house with holes in the walls. We're in a new house, our car is paid for, central air and heat, got internet, and I craft a ton. I am pretty comfortable right now. More money would be fun, but that's all it would be, fun money.

After the last is weaned, I have a teaching job waiting for me. We'll be off any assistance, and I can once again buy a toy every shopping trip. I used to be horrible about that! And more road trips ♥
jellybean93 likes this.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com

Last edited by Spyctre; November 14th, 2012 at 12:11 PM.
November 14th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Veteran
j

Last edited by kearsty20; December 28th, 2012 at 11:31 PM.
November 14th, 2012, 07:00 PM
I agree. I am a mom of a 6, 4,(they are 17 months apart) and 21 month old. And we are currently not trying, but not preventing. Financially, we are comfortable. But we do sacrifice a lot of things to live the way we do. I say go for it if you truly want another baby! I think life is too short to go on what should or could be. Good luck!
November 17th, 2012, 06:35 AM
I have five siblings. Growing up, my mom didn't work and my dad was always looking for work. We didn't have the extras. But I have five brothers and sisters that I can not imagine living without. I never thought that I wanted more than one child, but I watch my son now and it wouldn't matter if I barely had enough to cover the basics, I would still want another baby.

I'm not saying there isn't a time for financial planning, but there are more important things.
November 17th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You can always find a way to cut costs, save more, make more. You won't always b able to have another child.
November 17th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Veteran

Last edited by kearsty20; December 28th, 2012 at 11:31 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search