Spotting... well this is new to me (x-posted from AIP)

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2012, 07:22 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been over in AIP venting some crazy and thought I would post here too
I am 11dpo today (well it's night here now for me). I tested BFN this am and tonight around 7pm I went to the bathroom and noticed some faint orange spotting. Further investigation (TMI) found a little bit more. My cervix still seems to be completely closed , medium to high and feeling a little more squishy than this morning but only a little around where my cervix opening is (made it a little harder to find). So, completely confused and thinking wow if AF is coming now that is so not cool in the luteal phase scheme of things, I go and get a tampon so I can tell if it's AF super early and to see if it gets any heavier. Three and a half hours later there is a tiny bit of brown on one side and that's it. I assume it's brown now because the spotting probably stopped shortly after putting tampon in. I had cramping earlier and a little bit every now and then now.
So ladies, what in the blue heck is this? I have never had spotting around this time before so I'm completely in the dark. AF isn't due for 4 days Please help!

December 1st, 2012, 06:23 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Might just be a little spotting before AF. I used to always spot before it, and now I never do. It's always a nasty surprise. lol But when I always spotted before, sometimes I'd have a cycle with none. And once in a blue moon I'll spot before AF now. Might be all it is.

I hope it's better, though. Implantation spotting! Good luck!

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven NTNP for #4 and doing the boy diet till!
http://arwenart.com
December 1st, 2012, 07:00 PM
I'll copy paste my updates from AIP too because my mind has a little too much crazy to form a new post. So annoyed and confused:

I am cramping pretty bad this.morning and feel like AF is about to arrive. I'll be sad if that's the case because it means my.luteal phase will be three days shorter than last month so O'ing early and starting AF early sounds pretty bad to me. I'm under the impression that an 11 day luteal phase wouldn't mean the greatest when trying to find time for implantation. I don't want it to be AF :-(

I'm getting red blood now, wasn't there earlier in the morning so this has just started. Not enough that I have had to get out of bed and do anything about it yet but maybe it IS af starting :'(. I am so confused and kinda upset and hope.my body isn't messing me around for nothing...

It's looking like this is AF now :'(. Has picked up and is still going. What a stupid game this TTC rubbish is lol. So after a 31 day cycle last month with O on CD 17 and a 14 day LP, this month I have a 22 day cycle with O on CD 11 and an 11 day LP. I know it's pathetic after only two months but I feel like I'm broken lol. I had some pre pregnancy bloodwork done at the start of october and it showed mild hypothyroidism and I am supposed to go back to get it checked this month to see if it was a one off or if I have it. I hadn't thought further on it or wondered why they would test thyroid stuff until this morning I accidentally stumbled on some info regarding thyroid function and menstrual cycles and TTC. Now I feel like when I go back to check my thyroid levels later this month then it will show hypothyroidism. I know I have no real right to whinge when people have tried for so much longer than me but this cycle confusion sucks. I thought last month that even though we didn't catch the egg (timing was pretty ordinary anyways) I was grateful that O'd so quickly after 7 years on BCP and that that it would be pretty straight forward from there Sorry girls

lol "post quick reply"... more like post long obnoxious slow reply ripe with self loathing and premature whining about nothing XD. Granted I only feel that way when I do it, everyone else is entitled to a good whinge whenever they want hahaha

December 1st, 2012, 07:41 PM
fertilityfriend is freaking out for next month, it has CD 9-11 as forecasted fertile days and CD 12-16 as forecasted possible ovulation days for next cycle XD

December 2nd, 2012, 10:12 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
If it makes you feel better, I conceived my first with a 7 day luteal phase, and my second was conceived with an 11 day luteal phase. The most successful implantations happen between 6-8 DPO. I don't know when my first implanted, but my second happened at 6 or 7 DPO. I started waking up sick at 8 DPO. I have hyperemesis so it kicks in really early.

After 8 DPO, success goes down dramatically. I think I read that implantation at 10 DPO gives you a 20% chance of that being a viable pregnancy. Anyway, the earliest you can implant is 5 DPO because that's how long it takes for the fertilized egg to be able to implant. There's too much to worry about! LOL

It took 2 years to the day for me to conceive my first, and that was after one miscarriage. Trying for my second was messy. It kind of went: 6 months, get pregnant, lose it...2 months, get pregnant, lose it...1 year, get pregnant with twins, lose them...wait 3 months...immediately get pregnant with baby due on Christmas! Lose it...Immediately get pregnant with baby due on Valentine's. Success!

I started to feel pregnant my last cycle around 8 DPO, and I ended up with an 8 day luteal phase. I am breastfeeding so everything is off. I hope it was my imagination.

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven NTNP for #4 and doing the boy diet till!
http://arwenart.com
December 2nd, 2012, 02:47 PM
Thank you for that. I freaked out about the big difference between cycles and I know realistically its only been two months so there's nothing to really worry about yet. It doesn't magically happen straight away just because I want it to. I guess I was a bit more worried about the hypothyroidism than I thought even though I didn't think I was thinking about it. A reality check is always good. I didn't think I would feel as crazy as this or that it would be so stressful. Thanks :-)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search