How was Christmas?

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Spyctre

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 26th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I had a very amusing and action packed Christmas this year. Didn't get Christmas dinner!!! I feel like I missed something. lol My parents came over a few days ago, and Mom didn't make her part so all we had were the little sides I made. Some of those cream cheese strawberries, green beans, and some zucchini rolls. My food was awesome, don't get me wrong, but it just didn't feel like dinner.

Christmas Eve was spent at my Grandmother's gated community assisted living home. It has a mote. And an indoor pool and they eat in a restaurant 3 times a day. It's like Disneyland for old people! I wish I could live there. She has dementia so she can't keep track of things. Remembered gifts for my husband, not me, Alice twice, and Winter none. lol Our family has been laughing about her Christmas shopping, and my aunts are telling me horror stories about her spending sprees. Great stuff.

Yesterday I drove to my in-laws, over 2 hours away. We get there and an hour later there was a TORNADO! I looked out one of their larger double windows and mentioned the wind had picked up. "Hey, the rain is sideways!" Power went out right as they were putting Christmas dinner in the oven. lol The yard was destroyed. There were tops of trees across the road, power lines down--a complete mess! But it was an adventure. I'm sure they aren't having fun today. Power will be out for a while.

I got a new sketch book and a nice pencil set. I don't know what to draw first!

So tell me about your Christmas!
bella88 likes this.
December 26th, 2012, 12:01 PM
April 13th 2014 :)
My husband and I were at my mom's house Christmas Eve, we enjoyed a great dinner and played some card games it was nice.

Christmas day we went to see the Hobbit in the theaters (I LOVED it) and then we went to my mother-in-laws house! Again played games and had a blast! Then on the way home, we hit a deer with our car We are both just fine, by my care is totaled talking to insurance companies today!
December 26th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Oh, suck! A deer hit me last year. Yes, hit me. Jumped into my van as I was driving by.

Me: Please stay there please stay there please stay there...

Deer: Nope, sucker! *leaps headfirst into side of van*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search