Back again....

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Super Mommy
Hi ladies...I was here for a few months and then got scared and went back on my bc pills for about a week...however my bf has said he wants me to get healthy and have regular periods now and I dont get af on bc so im back off of it...i have a feeling it would take me months to maybe years to concieve anyhow and we dont dtd much so highly unlikely but I guess technically i belong here. Hope you dont mind me hanging out...thanks ladies...hope to get to know you all...and be aware im a poas acholic so ill be obsessing most likely.

January 11th, 2013, 01:53 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Welcome back! Might not take years. My last FIVE pregnancies were from me trying to get pregnant by having sex once those cycles. lol I hope everything gets in order for you. I have friends just getting on track from BC, and it sounds aggravating.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
January 12th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Super Mommy
Thank you for the welcome back. Yeah ive been aggravated for months now because it seems so unnatural and wrong to not have periods, i almost felt abnormal...while it was nice to not worry about for awhile it also scares me that it could mess up my fertility. I just want to be normal and work...so hopefully i get regular periods soon...im nervous but excited and hopefully things work out for us. do you know could taking bc for so long (over 10 years now) cause problems with fertility at all?

January 12th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
My sister was on it that long, and it didn't mess up her's. She was a lucky one. Got her cycles back immediately, and she got pregnant on her first cycle. That one miscarried, and her doctor said it was because of BC, but then she immediately got pregnant again the first cycle after the miscarriage. So it didn't hurt her.

My other friends are having a harder time getting their cycles back. Or they did. They are both regular now, but haven't gotten pregnant yet. So eventually they will regulate. I have no personal experience because I refuse to mess with my hormones. If my husband doesn't want more kids, he can get fixed. I told him he WILL after our third child because I don't want 4, and he didn't want 2.

Saw an eCard yesterday that said men should be the ones to get the birth control because it makes more sense to unload the gun than shoot at a bullet proof vest.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
January 12th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Super Mommy
That quote is so clever hahaha makes perfect sense!

January 13th, 2013, 01:40 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was on the pill for about 7 1/2 years. My cycles have been a bit all over the place in length, O dates and luteal phases but I did start ovulating pretty quickly really (stopped the pill at the end of the packet, got the pill version of AF and ovulated on cd 17 that first cycle). The pill leaves your system pretty quickly, it really just depends on how quickly your hormones pick up their game again. This is cycle four for me and I just started temping to try to confirm O. If you have a look my temps are a bit all over the place still even when taking them at the same time and after proper sleep so I think my hormones are still working themselves out . I did get a blood test to check my FSH and testosterone and stuff and that all came back ok so for 7 odd years on synthetic hormones, 4 months or so isn't too bad for things to get to slightly out of whack cycles but cycles nonetheless. It will happen for all of us when the time is right! Good luck and I hope your AF comes back soon

January 13th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Super Mommy
Thank you!

January 31st, 2013, 01:51 PM
jkgreen's Avatar Awaiting Our First Bundle
I was off of birth control since I was 16, my periods have always been irregular. I average 5 a year. It was just harder for me to gauge when to take a pregnancy test.. because everyone's favorite quote is "wait to test until after you've missed your period."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search