Change of Plans Again!

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2013, 10:25 PM
April 13th 2014 :)
Sorry to keep posting topics!!

But our plans keep changing and I keep getting so frustrated! I want to start a family so bad and everything just keeps getting in the way!

First my husband and I decided we were going to TTC. Then he decided that he didn't want to put any pressure on us so we went to NTNP after only a month. Now we've been NTNP for a month or two and my husband's car just dumped out on us!

So I had the Mirena in for 2 1/2 years and had it removed because we decided to start our family. Well now we HAVE to buy a new car, that's not an option for us, we have to have two cars. However, we were not anticipating having two car payments at the same time. My car won't be paid off for another 18 months and we were hoping his car would last that long, but guess not.

So it just seems the world is against me starting a family!! Because now with, having two car payments as well as my student loans, it's going to be really difficult for us to have enough money to pay all our bills, as well as save money, as well as give a child every thing they deserved!

Sorry just needed to rant for a second!!!

Last edited by gustka48; January 16th, 2013 at 07:37 AM.
January 16th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I understand. I really wanted a newer car this year, but the money we were saving for it is going to go to appliances. The fridge AND the stove are both going out! That wouldn't stop baby making for us, though. lol If people waited till they could afford babies, the human race would be extinct!
January 16th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyctre View Post
I understand. I really wanted a newer car this year, but the money we were saving for it is going to go to appliances. The fridge AND the stove are both going out! That wouldn't stop baby making for us, though. lol If people waited till they could afford babies, the human race would be extinct!
True, but in this situation I really do not think that TTC is an option for us. We have both my student loans, my car loan, now another car loan, and then in 6 months my husband's student loans will come due! And there is no way to pay for all that, plus rent and utilities, as well as save any kind of money for a rainy day as well as raise a baby.

Ugh! I'm sure that we could probably make it work, the problem is should we even try right now!
January 18th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with Spyctre - there is never really a perfect time to have a baby. I'm struggling with that right now - I want another baby soooo badly, but my head tells me it isn't responsible. I just figure that whatever happens is supposed to happen. I'm not going to go crazy trying NOT to get pregnant….. if it happens for you, things will work out!!! Good luck hun!
January 18th, 2013, 01:28 PM
dlammers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry that you are having to deal with this. As with everything that happens with my family...I always say "We'll figure it out" and we always do. I agree with the other ladies when there is never an optimal time to have a child. There is always going to be something that will be happening in your life. Good luck!

February 6th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Just an update!!! We were able to get my husband's car fixed for ....well....what I guess would be a resonable price.

So the NTNP is still on ....no missed periods yet though!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search