Is it bad….

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Spyctre
  • 1 Post By JoannaEvelyn06
  • 1 Post By JoannaEvelyn06

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know we are NTNP - but with the knowledge of my "fertile" days and when approximately I will be ovulating… part of me wants to use that knowledge for evil. Evil = baby making / Good = being careful.

LOL

AF ended ended on Thursday and we DTD last night with no protection. My period tracker tells me that today starts my "fertile" time…. with ovulation supposedly occurring next Thursday. What do YOU think the odds are that I may get preggo this time around??
January 19th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I don't think it's bad. A lot of women here are TTC while their SO are NTNP. My husband only wanted one child, and he knew exactly what I was doing when I told him I wanted sex. Now he only wants 2, and he's still knows what's going on when I want sex! lol I'm NTNP for the most part, but I am trying for a Halloween baby. I should O just in time, and I love that birthday!

NTNP means no protection so he should know what he's getting into. If he didn't want children, he'd use a condom every time. I'd do what I wanted. He has the option to stop it!

As for getting pregnant from it, 6-7 days is a large optimistic window. Most sperm survive 48 hours. Every now and then you'll get someone that conceived a week before they O, but it's rare. So if you are hoping these don't stick, they probably won't.

Also you can never be really sure of ovulation from a tracker. You might spontaneously ovulate a week early--or a week late! You might ovulate tomorrow, and that would have a pretty good chance of success.

I hope you get your BFP soon, and if he doesn't want to try and you really want a child, just jump him. He probably won't be too upset. lol
bella88 likes this.
January 20th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Spyctre! My DH knows what he's getting himself into - and tbh, I'm probably willing to be more responsible than he is. LOL Biologically my DD isn't his… so, while he absolutely adores her & is her daddy… he really wants a baby of his own.

I know it's pretty unlikely I'll get a BFP this time around…. but we'll see

Oh, and PS - my DD's birthday is on Halloween!
Spyctre likes this.
January 20th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
AGH!! I just went to the bathroom and had a big glob of EWCM……… I think my changes of a BFP this month might have just gotten a little bit better…
Spyctre likes this.
January 25th, 2013, 05:16 AM
thank you
January 30th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree - there's nothing wrong with you TTC while your husband is NTNP.

My husband always has been more desperate for a baby than I was, so that wasn't the issue - it was the fact that when we were TTC, he felt too much pressure to perform on specific days, and that's when we had problems. It was much easier for him if I just tracked my O symptoms and jumped him accordingly.

Good luck!
January 31st, 2013, 12:36 PM
jkgreen's Avatar Awaiting Our First Bundle
Hey.. I just wanted to let you know what happened to me. I am a part of the July Due Date Club and I got there by thinking I ovulated b.c everything pointed that way.. and I'm the honest sort so I told my hubby that I was ovulating and he wanted to hold off a couple months yet, okay, not a big deal.. but inside I was crushed. Turns out I geared up and failed, and geared up and success the next week. I didn't think anything of it, and either did he!
In a nut shell, you can use your knowledge but your body sometimes has other plans! Good Luck!

February 5th, 2013, 08:04 AM
April 13th 2014 :)
Not evil! You can't help that you have this knowledge! And like others have stated. If your SO wasn't ready for the responability of maybe getting pregnant you would be using protection! Good luck!!
February 5th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Meh, I don't thinkmits terrible... I haven't done any tracking or anything like that but with knowledge of when fertile days are, we may go either way this cycle. Time will tell!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search