Hi! Question... Late, Light, Short Period & BFN

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2013, 08:01 AM
Heather Feather's Avatar Member
Hi there. My guy and I are NTNP, though I think we may start actively TTC very soon. We've been NTNP for eight months, but since I started a new job four months ago, we've only been having sex about once a week - and not necessarily during my fertile days. Also, he's on Paxil, which I know can cause some fertility issues. Once we officially start TTC, he's going to talk to his doctor about what to do.

Anyway, my periods are very regular. Every now and then, they readjust themselves (ex. from always coming on the 16th, to always coming on the 13th), but then they remain on that schedule for a long time. And very rarely do they shift more than a day or two.

Well, the last year or so, my periods have been coming on the 13th or 14th of every month. This month, when it hadn't arrived by the 18th, I took a test (e.p.t.) and got a BFN. Two days later (1/20), I got what I think was a period - however, my periods usually are very heavy on day one, moderate for another day or two, and then light to spotty for a day or two. This time, it was only moderate on day one, and then I basically spotted for a day and a half and it ended.

I'm wondering if I should do another HPT. Between my period being late and then it being so truncated, it just seems odd. But - the fact that I DID get a period, at all, coupled with the BFN makes me think I shouldn't bother.
January 23rd, 2013, 11:09 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
It is normal for that to happen, but you can pick up a test just in case. I have something similar going on. I had a couple days of spotting for my period. I wouldn't even really call it that. One day I had spotting on a panty liner once. Then it was lt pink or a tiny bit of brown when I wiped. I'm testing today, and I will be moderately surprised if that was actually a period and not implantation.

I have a very short luteal phase now, 8 days. Eggs normally implant no sooner than 5 because it takes 5 to get out of the tube, and around 12 days at the latest. I think I conceived and had an egg that implanted around 9-10 DPO, just long enough for my lining to start to shed. There were no clots, and it was all old blood in the spotting.

But it could be a funky period, and that would also be alright with me. I love the month of October, and this baby was NTNP(so it's special!) so it would be cool if I am.
January 25th, 2013, 05:15 AM
Thank you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search