Need some thoughts and comments

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Pageturner
  • 1 Post By girlsofsummer

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Its been a crazy past year for me. Its been a while since I have logged onto JM.
Anyways, so 8 years ago we dated for 6 months or so...then broke up. Well now 8 years later we are now together again. We are both 30 and I am flying out next month to see him. Well we don't like using protection. For the most part i would be excited if we ended up having a kid together. And we've been friends this whole time. But it does cross my mind if I am the only one who doesn't think this is crazy. Anyone else get pregnant early on in a relationship?
I am so nervous right now. We've talked about what if and everything else. So we are on the same page with that.
So i guess what I'm getting at is some advice or anyone share their stories..
March 6th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Kivett12's Avatar Veteran
I don't necessarily have any experience with this, but if this is what you both are hoping for and have talked about it, then you do what you think is right. I would just caution that sometimes in situations like this, the woman is the left carrying all the baggage (for a lack of a better term). I don't mean to sound negative, but I would just be careful and make sure that this is what you both really want and that both of you are committed to deal with it if it happens.
March 12th, 2013, 04:34 AM
Pageturner
I would be sure he plans to stick around...
MommytoZoeAlyssa likes this.
March 14th, 2013, 09:05 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
I'd be very cautious here, especially since you are a plane ride away from each other. I mean would you just pack up and leave if you got pregnant? Would he move to be close to you? Do you guys have concrete future plans?

This is going to sound bad, but I don't mean it in a judgmental way: What's holding him to you? If you got pregnant today, what evidence do you have that he would stick around?
Spyctre likes this.
March 14th, 2013, 09:06 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
I'd be very cautious here, especially since you are a plane ride away from each other. I mean would you just pack up and leave if you got pregnant? Would he move to be close to you? Do you guys have concrete future plans?

This is going to sound bad, but I don't mean it in a judgmental way: What's holding him to you? If you got pregnant today, what evidence do you have that he would stick around?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search