New to everything and need support and such :)

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By 3maybe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2013, 04:54 PM
So me and my fiancee have been talking about having kids, so we decided to just stop not trying to have them.
We did it the 22-24. and if the calendar on this site is right at all it was when i was fertile. and i just ovulated today i think. Not to sure. This is my first time looking into this stuff...
What do you think are the chances if i have any at being pregnant?
This wait is going to kill me especially since i am going out of town and wont be able to see him for like a month...
And any information on any of this would be great!!!
March 26th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Veteran
Hi & welcome. The odds of becoming pregnant are based on many factors (age, weight, fertility issues, etc). In general, and assuming all things are in line, there's a 15-25% chance of becoming pregnant each cycle. It sounds like you've done everything fairly correctly, but I dunno that I would get my hopes up just yet. It's just a lot of possible variables that you should probably research. There are several TTC boards & articles on this site. Maybe check them out. GL.
March 27th, 2013, 12:42 AM
I am almost 21. I have no issues that i have been told of. And i am a decent weight since i am planning on joing the army at some point next year.
I just need to know more and thought it would be nice to hear from others who may know
March 27th, 2013, 01:37 AM
Veteran
That's just it, this "process" is so subjective & still contains so many unknowns. Those online calculators & phone apps aren't fully reliable; they are guesses based on averages. If U truly are ready to TTC, you might learn about & try temping, checking CM, OPKs & some of the more invasive ways to better "predict" ovulation & better time when to BD. That said with your age & no issues, you probably have a very good chance of getting pregnant soon. I'd suggest BD every other day during your fertile window, if you aren't ready to do any of the more aggressive TTC techniques. Beyond that, maybe you should also discuss with your OBGYN.
Urchin and Hopolka like this.

Last edited by 3maybe; March 27th, 2013 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Spelling
March 27th, 2013, 03:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello and welcome! So nice to see another new face!

I'd say you did everything about right! DH and I are not planning on actively trying until next month but if we had an "accident" between now and then it would be fine. Our plan is to make sure we take our vitamins, get plenty of rest, and DTD every second day from AF-O.

When is your wedding planned for?
March 27th, 2013, 03:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello and welcome! So nice to see another new face!

I'd say you did everything about right! DH and I are not planning on actively trying until next month but if we had an "accident" between now and then it would be fine. Our plan is to make sure we take our vitamins, get plenty of rest, and DTD every second day from AF-O.

When is your wedding planned for?
March 27th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Sadly we have no plans made for a wedding yet, but i would like it to be in summer haha.

And i guessed the online calendars or anything online would not be to correct, but just yesterday or the day before that it felt like i ovulated because i had slight cramps. Who knows, i am really new to all of this stuff... I have been slowly learning new things when i can.

I just thought it would be nice to go away, and then when i came back i could surprise him with some baby stuff or something, since he is into saying and doing really sweet and cheesy stuff.
March 27th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Sperm can live up to a week in optimum conditions, but normally they live for 48 hours. Eggs can live up to 48 hours, but normally it's closer to 12. If you think you just ovulated, have sex again. You might still catch it, or you may even hyperovulate which happens 24 hours apart normally. Good luck!

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
March 27th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Welcome! I'm new to this board too. My husband and I just had a little girl 4.5 months ago. We're planning on NTNP until at least October when we'll actively TTC.

The suggestions have been great so far! If you think you might be Oing...DTD! Anytime after AF and before those O pains happen is a great time to DTD. Then its a waiting game.

Some things that seemed to help us the first time around were definitely taking prenatal vitamins and exercising regularly (at least a couple times a week, even if just walking). Drinking green tea can help fertility and lying in bed for a little while after we DTD. I also kept an eye on my CM when I went to the bathroom. Watery and Egg-white are the most fertile and those happen around the time of O. Anything that's sticky or creamy can be harder for the swimmers to get through. Now that doesn't mean avoid those days but just an FYI. Monitoring CM is definitely one of the easiest ways of keeping track of fertility if you dont want to spend the $ on OPKs. If you'd like to take OPKs (ovulation predictor kit) tests I'd buy them through Amazon in bulk. They're cheaper that way and pinpoint your most fertile days.

Above all else, be patient. TTC can become extremely frustrating but with time it'll come. GL girl!
March 27th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Haha, the dreadful two week waiting is going to be horrible. I was trying to find out if there were any signs i could look for before i had to take the test.And what i found was just that i could get the implantation spotting, or sore Bbs.
But how soon would those things happen?
March 27th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Implantation bleeding (IB) usually happens 6-8 days past ovulation and sore BBS could happen anytime between O and AF. The biggest symptom I had was fatigue. I was just so darn tired and nauseous when I got preg. That lasted for about 6 weeks, then the morning sickness started. But everyone is different. Just be in tuned with your body and you'll know when something is off.
March 27th, 2013, 03:43 PM
I started keeping track on how i am feeling and writing it down. So far i only have a runny nose, cramps, bloating, and a bit gassy? Haha
Friends say i am just stressing, which may be possible.
I am so clueless on these things.

I started keeping track on how i am feeling and writing it down. So far i only have a runny nose, cramps, bloating, and a bit gassy? Haha. Also feel sick when i look or think about food, but that may just be me. And I know it is way to soon for some of these things because i am only about 2-3 dpo.
Friends say i am just stressing, which may be possible.
I am so clueless on these things. I need a destraction haha.
April 4th, 2013, 04:12 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I was going to add in but these ladies have said it all! Good luck and try to keep yourself busy, the tww is a killer

April 4th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Kivett12's Avatar Veteran
Hi and welcome! It's nice to see a new face around here. I hope things are going well. I really don't have anything to add, except to try to keep yourself busy during the 2ww. I can't wait to see what happens!! Keep us updated

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search