Concerns

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2013, 11:30 AM
April 13th 2014 :)
Ladies Help!

Please no judgement! My husband and I have started NTNP a few months ago and no postive yet. Which is okay, we are not in any kind of hurry, but if it happens great!!!

Now for the problem, my husband I have not used any kind of birth control for a few months, but on Tuesday I noticed my left arm/arm pit hurt really bad, I thought it was something work related like a pulled muscle. Then on yesterday when I woke up had a few red bumps across my left breast. Again didn't think anything of it, thought maybe was some chaffing from my bra or tank top I was wearing.

Well yesterday afternoon when I finished with work the rash has spread alone my left breast so I went in to get it looked at. Turns out I have shingles . And it's the worst pain I have ever had in my life (never been in labor yet) My arm/arm pit is killing me!!!!

However, my real concern that I've heard that shingles can cause birth defects. Yes I did discuss this with the urgent care docotor, and both meds I am taking to help get rid of the shingles are okay to take with pregnancy. But the docotor said that in early pregnancy this virus could cause problems. And I would be very early pregnancy, Like only a few days past conception (not even a full week really).

So just wondering if any of you ladies had shingles while pregnant or know of some one who did that everything turned out alright. It wouldn't pay to go to the OB docotor yet because I'd be so newly pregnant no levels would show up in my blood yet to even tell if I am.

I'm just really concerned!!!!!

Sorry for the long rant.
April 20th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Oh, my goodness! I have a friend that got them at 24, but she was on depo. I'm not sure about the risk of birth defects with this virus. I've heard about others like 5th disease. I've always been told those increased your chance of miscarriage in the first trimester.

If you are only a few days past conception, your baby hasn't even attached yet so you wouldn't technically even be pregnant. It takes about a week normally, but sometimes they can implant around 5 days. That's rare, though. Normal time is 8 DPO.

If you do get pregnant, maybe you'll be all cleared up before baby implants. How long did the doctor say it would take to clear up?
April 22nd, 2013, 10:37 AM
April 13th 2014 :)
The rash usually takes up to a week to heal, but the pain that goes along with it could take months to a year to go away no good.

But as of right now the blisters are gone and it's starting to clear up!!! Still on the anti-viral medication for another 2 days.

And I think I ovulated around the 15-16th of April and husband and I DTD then to, then on April 17th I went in and got diagnosed with Shingles

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search