Low HcG, any advice?! ):

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Okay so my story is a litttle confusing! trust me my head is about to explode from all the different answers from different doctors.

So technically my last real period was March 11 2013, usually lasts from 3-5 days (don't remember how long) my partner and I have have sex quite frequently without a condom. We weren't trying to get pregnant but we weren't preventing it either. On April 8th 2013 I had what I thought was my period but it was rather light and short only lasting like 3 days at most. On Friday April 19th I started spotting brownish pinkish and had this feeling I was pregnant. That Saturday I did a First Response hpt and it came back positive but the second line was very very faint, so the next day I went out and bought a clearblue digital which also came back positive with the indicator saying 1-2 (which from my lmp I should be 6 weeks 3 days today 04/25/13) I had the pregnancy confirmed at the doctors with my HcG level only at 20, with spotting since the past friday, lastnight the 24th of April I went into the hospital and my HcG level came in at 19, but since lastnight my spotting has stopped and I still have no cramps. The Doctor at the hospital said its possible I could be in the very early stages of pregnancy but he highly doubts it.

Has ANYONE had their levels drop and go back up? Do you think it is a miscarriage? I have had 1 miscarriage about 2 years ago.
I just wish I could have some peace of mind.

One sad Hopeful momma to be ):
April 26th, 2013, 08:34 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
For a healthy pregnancy, HCG should double roughly every 48 hours. A rise of less than 60% over 48 hours almost always indicates a pregnancy that is not viable.

That said, I had one of those rare cases. My HCG didn't go down, but went from 11.8 to 12.4 in 48 hours. I was given the "not viable" diagnosis, but delivered a healthy baby girl 9 months later The numbers don't always tell us everything.

I hope you have some answers soon...being in limbo is awful (((hugs)))

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

April 26th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Its such a rollercoaster! The doctor at the hospital said with my HcG being only 19 that my hpt shouldn't of even registered it as a positive. So me being me I took another first response this morning, just curious to see if it would show a positive, and it did come back positive pretty fast and the second line is considerably darker than it was on the weekend. I'm starting to think I ovulated reallly late and I'm only around 4 weeks instead of 6.

Had another blood test done today to see if the level did go up or not, and I have stopped spotting since I was in the hospital the other night. So now I am yet again stuck in limbo until Monday.

Thanks for sharing your story, it has given me a little bit of hope!
April 26th, 2013, 11:09 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I'm so sorry you have to wait for answers...not knowing is torture!

The darker tests are a great sign!

Melissa & DH

April 26th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Veteran
just hang in there sweety.. im going through the same thing waiting for my test to get dark enough.. benn "vaibley pregannt" for three weeks now and betas and such say this and that.. now we are hoping it just goes up. my last draw was 13 it would be way over that by now.. here is my most recent test if it helps you.http://Pregnancy Test Gallery - Image #122930 | Countdown to Pregnancy

i dont even know if im pregnant anymore.. but if you say yours dropped and your spotting stopped it could have been earlier than you thought.. i wouldnt count yourself out until you get a full blown period... just getting a digital test that says postive is awesome..

Last edited by mymanynames7; April 26th, 2013 at 09:22 PM.
April 27th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Its such a pain not being able to get any definite answers! I'm so sorry you're going through the same thing, I really hope and pray things turn out well for you!

I am trying to stay on the positive side. Took another clearblue digital this morning, but got the same results as last saturday "Pregnant 1-2" so don't know what to think!

Praying thinggs go well on Monday.

Hope everything gets better for you, hang in there!

Thanks for sharing with me, means a lot!
April 29th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I wonder if maybe you had a very early miscarriage of a twin? You would get some bleeding with a dip in numbers. I hope the rest of this pregnancy goes well for you. I am really glad my doctors never tested for numbers because that would have made me nervous!

If you got the same 1-2 weeks on that CBE with only a week or so apart, that would make sense to me.
April 29th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Just recieved that long awaited dreaded call..
my number dropped to 18, not a viable pregnancy.

Pretty devastated and honestly don't understand. My morning sickness kicked in full swing this weekend, but yet my number is slowly dropping.

Thanks ladies.
April 29th, 2013, 01:23 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I'm so sorry...that really stinks.

Did the doc give you any advice or direction as to what to do next?

Melissa & DH

April 29th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Not really. the nurse was very short and cold, I tired to get some answers and advice, but all she kept saying is theres no hope your miscarrying, come see us in a week to make sure levels are 0.

Mondays always seem to stink!
April 29th, 2013, 02:50 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I'm glad that you are going back...if it isn't zero, please don't settle for being dismissed by rude nurses or doctors without getting some answers!

Melissa & DH

April 29th, 2013, 02:57 PM
I'm seriously debating on changing doctors, or writing to the board.

When I confirmed my pregnancy my dr informed me I had abnormal cells on a pap done TWO years ago, that her nurse never tried to contact me about.
The healthcare system is so not what it used to be!

Thank you KMH for all your replies and kindness throughout this whole ordeal, its nice to know that there are some genuinely nice people left in this world!

I've been told your prime time to get pregnant again is in the 2 weeks after a miscarriage, so I think my significant other and I are going to take great advantage of that! haha
April 29th, 2013, 04:16 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Yikes, I'm sorry your experiences have been so lousy. It seems like it is getting harder and harder to find good, quality medical care...very sad!

Aw, glad to help. These message boards have saved my sanity many times, so I'm always happy if I can return the favor.

Hopefully everything will look great in a week and you and your SO will be celebrating very soon

Melissa & DH

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search