Should I hope?

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Hi! My name is Tamra and I've been with my boyfriend for about 3 years. He says he's not interested in having another child just yet, but I've been hoping to have one. We half-heartedly tried last year, and I had a miscarriage as a result. This month he's let go in me twice, but insists I won't be pregnant.

I have a regular 28 day cycle, and he let go in me on the 10th day and 13th day of my cycle. So I'm really hopeful! But I haven't seen any noticable cervical mucus down below, and I know it's supposed to come around ovulation. I might not have ovulated.

So is it fair to say I should jump on the pessimist boat with my boyfriend?

Last edited by Tamra_Marie; May 24th, 2013 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Typo :P
May 25th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
If you have a 28 day cycle normally, you probably ovulate between day 12 and day 18. Seems like most women I've seen have a 10-16 day LP. You have a good chance if you ovulate between CD 10 and CD 15 I would think. Most sperm last about 2 days. Some can last up to a week, but that's pretty rare.

Good luck! You may have caught the egg, or you may have a delayed O this time. I sometimes O without ever noticing a lot of CM. My last child I never saw any EWCM, just a little creamy. This time I had scant EWCM. I actually didn't think I was about to O.
May 25th, 2013, 01:50 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have never had a lot of CM after age 20. It was still extremely easy to get pregnant.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
May 25th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Thanks Spyctre! I searched on Google for the average day that women ovulate and I kept getting "the 14th day, but everyone is different merp merp", and had no idea what the span might be like lol. Thanks for providing great info, I should have come here first

I think I might have started ovulation this morning because I had a pinching feeling above my left hip that lasted for a few hours. No CM though. But if I did ovulate this morning (day 16) and I had sex 3 days earlier (13)...and sperm last about 2 days... I won't get my hopes high.

OatmealKisses thank you, that's reassuring to me.
May 26th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Well, they say under ideal conditions sperm can live 7 days! =) You never know. Most do live about 48 hours, and some live about 72, but 3 days is the long side of normal. Eggs can live up to 24 hours on the long side. It's around 12 hours normally. Jump him today! I have a friend that conceived her first child the day after she ovulated using the pull and pray method.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search