O'd after coming off the pill

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Jennb28's Avatar Veteran
Hi all,

I've been on bc for 11 years... Ill be 28 shortly.

I came off of it cause of the effects and honestly I wanted my body to do things naturally for once..
I actually have a ton not energy now.

Anyway I picked up some OPK's.... Today is day 10... I haven't felt any signs prior to now that O had happened...
And usually my body tells me.

So I tested today.... Nothing. Negative.
This is my first cycle since stopping the pill so I have no idea when things will happen.

My spouse and I are currently attempting to track my O so that he does haven't to wear a "plastic bag" lol.

But with being day 10.... I thought I might've and nope.

So... For those who have gone off the pill, on your first cycle was O later?
It's been forever since my body has had to do this alone.
August 17th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I heard it can take months for your body to get back to normal. Some ladies come off the pill and O 14 days later, some don't get regular periods for years after it. I had one friend to take 2 years to conceive after it, and my sister conceived 2 weeks after it. Depends on your body, I guess.

I would start charting and use condoms for a while if you don't want to be pregnant now. You may not O for weeks, and buying those strips may get expensive. As for conceiving, you can get pregnant from sex up to a week BEFORE ovulation and up to 2 days after. And this is only if you don't have a hyperovulation which adds days.

Good luck!
August 18th, 2013, 06:57 AM
jellybean93's Avatar Super Mommy
I got my first post-pill AF 6 months after stopping the pill, but I have PCOS so it doesn't really count

Generally speaking, I was told it is normal to take up to 3 months.

My Ovulation Chart
August 19th, 2013, 03:49 AM
Jennb28's Avatar Veteran
I haven't felt any signs yet of O.

It's been two days since the last opk... So I'm at day 12..
So tonight when I get home from work and ill do a test.

Prior to bc, I knew exactly when cause one month I'd O from the right one and the next month I O from the left... And some months both!

Very messed up body!
August 20th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am in my second month off the pill. I'm not sure what will happen this month, but last month I O-ed on cycle day 15 and AF came on day 29. However, AF was really light...only one day of actual bleeding and a few days of spotting. We will see what happens this month, but I know they say it can take up to 6 months for your body to regulate itself after coming off the pill.

Good luck!
August 21st, 2013, 03:33 AM
Jennb28's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wish44 View Post
I am in my second month off the pill. I'm not sure what will happen this month, but last month I O-ed on cycle day 15 and AF came on day 29. However, AF was really light...only one day of actual bleeding and a few days of spotting. We will see what happens this month, but I know they say it can take up to 6 months for your body to regulate itself after coming off the pill.

Good luck!
Thanks!

So far... No O. Day 14 and nothing.

I'm not really unhappy about it not happening yet... But this now makes me worry about when we actually start trying
August 24th, 2013, 04:03 PM
I know how you feel---I stopped my BCP after the last pack--about 3-4 weeks ago now...still no AF. Starting to freak out a little bit, now, too.

Started taking Vitex and Red Raspberry Leaf capsules after the doc I work for suggested it. I just ordered some Dong Quai after hearing a lot of good things---they are supposed to kick start your period...we shall see.

Been taking a HPT every couple days--all negative.

I'm 28, too--and I'm starting to feel like I did my best to avoid getting preggers for so long, that now maybe I won't be able to.

You and I are in the same boat--stay in touch, let me know when it happens for you.

What pill were you on?
August 24th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Super Mommy
With my first pregnancy, I was on Tri-Nessa but I quit in May and got pregnant in June. But that pregnancy ended up in a miscarriage at 7/8 weeks. It can take months for your cycles to go back to normal after stopping BC. It took a while for mine to come back to normal. I know plenty of women that got pregnant right away from stopping BC and didn't suffer a loss.

I hope everything works about the best and keep us updated!

<3 I have suffered 4 early M/C's since 2012. I am missing my 4 angels so much. My love for them all will never fade. <3

First M/C loss- 7/8 weeks
Second M/C loss- 4-5 weeks(Chemical)
Third M/C loss- 9 weeks and 4 days
Fourth M/C loss- 10 weeks

~No one else will never know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one that knows what my heart feels like on the inside~

<3 Praying and Hoping that my partner and I will be blessed with our miracle soon. <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search