I'm new :)

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2013, 04:28 PM
I've been lurking around the web in pregnancy forums for quite some time and decided to finally join JM because everyone seems to be so nice.

I'm 26, married 8 months to DH (who is 28), and adoptive mommy to a boxer puppy and two spoiled cats. I always thought I didn't want kids, but over the last year I've slowly become baby crazy. After adding a "baby" wish list on Amazon, I decided I should probably join JM so I can stop driving poor DH crazy with random facts!

We currently use condoms, but I'm not sure what DH wants...and it's confusing me. I went off BC 4 months ago because of severe pelvic pain (long story), and DH is aware of that. I haven't had AF in 2 months, and last week got a bfn. DH told me that if it was a bfp he would have been thrilled, but he's not ready yet. I kept thinking, which one is it?? AF stillhasn't shown up yet, and I suppose I'll have to go to the doctor to make sure everything is working correctly. I'm dragging my feet though...I don't want to them to tell me I have to go back on BC.

Any way, just wanted to say 'hi' to everyone!
October 24th, 2013, 02:48 PM
jellybean93's Avatar Super Mommy

Golly, Sorry that so many people just read and ran... I know how disheartening that can be seeing how many people read your post but didn't bother saying anything... so HELLO! and welcome

Our bodies can take quite some time to recover from BCP's. Anything from 3-6 months is considered 'average'. My doctor told me it's possible to wait up to a year even!

I can SO relate with you on the babyfever. I am looking at buying a new car but the boot (trunk? not sure what you guys call it lol) isn't very big at all and I don't think it will be able to fit a stroller in it. I was expressing this disappointment to DF and he just looked at me like I was completely crazy for planning the car I get around the stroller haha We have been NTNP for almost 2 years now!! I am surprised I haven't gone crazy yet lol

DF has also not made himself entirely clear what he wants either. He doesn't seem too phased at the idea of it happening but he doesn't want to go out and try to make it happen. Sometimes I feel as if he wants it but he doesn't want to admit it because of what people will say (our situation isn't ideal to be telling people we are trying for a baby), so its kinda like he just plays dumb and pretends it won't happen and I cross my fingers every cycle hoping this is finally it I also think the idea of it is just all a little daunting because I am the one clued up on pregnancy, birthing, etc and he doesn't really know anything about it.

Anyways, I hope to see you around here often! xx

My Ovulation Chart
October 25th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Hi! nice to meet you! I can definitely relate to the baby fever and even the amazon baby list!
October 27th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Thank you so much for your replies!! It means a lot to hear that other women are in very similar situations right now. Phew!

Oh, and the doc just diagnosed me with PCOS. Sigh. So now we're trying to figure out when to TTC. So many factors to consider....
October 27th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Omg I am so sorry! I wish you extra luck and baby dust!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search