Potty training q

Forum: Moms of Toddlers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Toddlers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
My little one is 27 months old and he's aware of the potty and the toilet and aware when he needs to go, but he cries and fights if we try to get him to use either. I'm getting kind of concerned because he should be starting nursery in September 09 and I don't want him to get behind - they won't accept kids unless they're completely dry. What ages did your little ones train and DO YOU HAVE THE SECRET? lol, any advice appreciated!

November 26th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
I have the same dilemma. She was going once a day but not she regressed. I would praise her a lot for going. I don't know if she regressed because her molars (two year old teeth are coming in) or if it's because I'm pregnant and she knows baby is coming. I wanted to start preschool to next year and she has to be potty trained. But I think they go when they're ready.

November 26th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
We think he regressed because me and his dad split up and me and Dan moved in with my mum and dad. He'd spent every day while I was at work here with my mum, but still it was an upheaval for him, and things were not good between us for a while before which will have affected him. I just hope he will entertain it soon. He'll play with his potty and sit his teddies on it and say that they're having a wee but he won't go on it himself.

November 27th, 2008, 07:31 AM
MamaBx3
I have no advice.. Vae had total interest in the toilet and it took her no time at all to learn.. How to PEE that is.. It took her forever and we went through constipation issues with the other.
I'm not sure how easy it will be for Sophia .. she has noo interest. Vae was potty learned by 18 months (pee) .

I hope someone can help you! Good luck!
November 29th, 2008, 09:19 PM
lovemyluke&joel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry I don't have much input for you. I have a 2 1/2 year old little boy that I am trying to potty train too. He will sit on in and try but it seems like the second we get off he goes in his pants. I am trying not to get frustrated with him and just take it one step at a time. Good Luck!

Jen & Eric
Luke (2/23/06) & Joel (3/23/09)

November 30th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Momma2My Lil Js's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momma2My Lil Js
If he's regressed because of something going on, I would completely stop. If he's crying about trying to go then stop. Let him tell you when to try again, when he starts showing more signs of being interested. You still have plenty of time before next sept if your really worried about that. DD was potty trained in 6 months by 2 1/2, DS has been showing some signs and has tried the potty a lot to pee but rarely poop. It'll take a few months before they're ready for that though, so no rush here. Have you tried doing rewards? Stickers are great... Also checked out the potty training board. I was there for a bit when training DD and they had some great ideas.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search