Names!

Forum: Moms of Toddlers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Toddlers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2008, 06:27 AM
MamaBx3
How did you come up with your toddler's name?

What would he/she have been named if he/she was the opposite gender?
December 16th, 2008, 07:11 AM
lovemyluke&joel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Luke we just liked. James his middle name is after my grandfather and our pastor at church that passed away right before he was born.

Girl name would have been Paige Elizabeth.

Jen & Eric
Luke (2/23/06) & Joel (3/23/09)

December 16th, 2008, 08:00 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have always liked the name Breana I got Cheyenne from the show Reba

If we had a boy the name would have been Chase Alexander!!

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

December 16th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Jewinjuwa's Avatar We walk by faith
His first name is Quinn. I saw it on A Baby Story and thought it was adorable. His middle name is Michael, which is DH's first name. If he had been a girl, he'd have been Nina Rose.
December 16th, 2008, 12:25 PM
colorcky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We just thought the name Ethan was cute, his middle name Lawrence, is after my Grandfather who passed away. Madison same thing, we all thought it was cute... same as with her middle name Elizabeth.

They would have had the other's name had they been opposite : )

December 16th, 2008, 12:26 PM
~Valerie~
They were names that I liked. I get to pick the first name and Jay chooses the middle names
December 16th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Hart_N_Sole
Both the boys names were names I had heard when I was younger, and really liked.
Fortunatly, my husband agreed that they were great names.

If Connor had been a girl, he was to be Paige... Hayden was going to be Hayden, no matter sex.
December 16th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Ukmum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Ukmum
I always thought that Sophie was a cute proper little girls name, if she had been a boy she would have been either a Scott, Josh,

m/c 86, May 04, July 04, m/c Sep 04

http://www.facebook.com/Ukmum
December 16th, 2008, 07:42 PM
mommy-heather's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How did you come up with your toddler's name? we was in church one sunday and we was reading something out of the book about luke and i liked that name so we just named him lukas and call him luke for short

What would he/she have been named if he/she was the opposite gender? hannah
December 16th, 2008, 08:41 PM
IMakeBoys
I had made a list of boy names I liked but we hadn't decided. I was in a car accident at 20 weeks and he was completely unharmed. That coupled with the unexplained bleeding I had at 16 weeks and we figured he was a strong little guy. Ethan meant strong so there ya go! James was in honor of my uncle who passed away. He would've been named Willow Sophia had he been a girl.
December 18th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Momma2My Lil Js's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momma2My Lil Js
They were names that DH suggested... He was very difficult and only had a few that he agreed to, so it was a small list to pick from. We never had another name picked out for the other gender. DH refused to even discuss names until AFTER we knew the gender. In both cases I had so many u/s being high risk that there was no doubt.

December 19th, 2008, 06:51 PM
mom2LyricStoryLegend's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2LyricStoryLegend
Story's name I found on the internet and Legend's name I had heard somewhere a long time ago. I think it was probably on the internet too. I have no earthly idea what either of them would have been named had they been the opposite sex.
December 20th, 2008, 09:09 AM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH really wanted a name that had meaning. In the Bible it says Hannah named her son Samuel, "because I asked God for him." We had been TTC for 8 months before we got pregnant and there was much asking God for a child in our house. It seemed to fit perfectly and Samuel is a name that is coming back in style too.

If he had been a girl, his name would have been Abigail, which means "Father's joy."

December 20th, 2008, 02:16 PM
peimum's Avatar life blows sometimes.
Send a message via MSN to peimum Send a message via Skype™ to peimum
Gabriella Louise - DH chose her first name, because I demanded that she carry on the middle name tradition in my family....
Alina Michelle - DH found Alina online, and we both fell in love with it. Michelle is my step son's half sisters name, and she is very special to us, so we gave Alina that as a middle name.

If Gabby had been a boy, she would have been Brandon Joshua - Named after 2 of my students in the first class I ever taught. there were 7 kids in the class, only 2 of them were boys!

If Alina had been a boy, she would have been Zachariah Luke - I did a search for Biblical names, and tried to find 2 that blended well and sounded good with Gabriella.... DH picked from the list I made....

This baby coming... well be are 98% sure it is a boy.... but we have not chosen a name for sure yet....

December 21st, 2008, 03:01 PM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
Quote:
How did you come up with your toddler's name? I just saw it and liked it.

What would he/she have been named if he/she was the opposite gender? Gabriel or Andrew.[/b]

December 28th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Alex's Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alex's Mom
DH and I both liked Alexander and William is my dad's name.

If Alex had been a girl we think he might have been named Zoey (but because we found out he was a boy we didn't really settle on a girls name).

December 28th, 2008, 04:27 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
David was my grandfather's name to whom I was very close to. James is his middle name and that is my dads name and my hubbys middle name. If he were a girl his name would have been Katelynn Mackenzie we have a daughter now so thats her name

December 30th, 2008, 06:33 AM
I just liked the name Emily.
If she'd been a boy, we'd settled on Samuel.
December 30th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mahlon (pronounced like May-len), is after my Dh's grandpa, Mahlon His middle name is Scott because that's my FIL's name as well as DH's middle name. Mahlon is actually a very old fashioned, biblical name (Book of Ruth), but it was common before the 1930's and then just of fizzled out. A lot of people think we made it up, but it's actually a very old name.

ETA: If he had been a girl, we were still going to name her Mahlon only we would've spelled it like Mahlyn. We were going to call her Maylee J as a nickname because her middle name was going to be Jacqueline.
December 31st, 2008, 09:14 AM
** Mandy **
How did you come up with your toddler's name? I made a list of names I liked and DH agreed on this one. We both really liked it (Alexandra) and her middle name, Jean, I wanted to pass down as it had been to me.

What would he/she have been named if he/she was the opposite gender? Kyle Benjamin

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search