Plane Ride

Forum: Moms of Toddlers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Toddlers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Newbies
<span style="font-family:Century Gothic">Hi, I'm new to this. I have two girls, Keira, who just turned 2 on Dec. 5th, and Ashlynn who will be a year old on Feb. 1st. My husband, the kids and I are going on a plane in 2 days and I am worried about how to keep the girls occupied. Neither one of them like to sit still at all. They throw a fit if you try to hold them for too long. We didn't get extra seats for them because we couldn't afford so they will be sitting on our laps. I know they won't sleep on the plane becuase when we go anywhere they always fall asleep in the car and we have about an hour drive to get to the airport. I'm just not looking forward to the plane because I'm scared of flying as it is. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to keep them occupied. I would really appreciate it.</span>
December 17th, 2008, 12:47 PM
mommy-heather's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
first off welcome

and second i really couldnt be at any help cause i myself have never been on a plan nr has my ds..

ALl i can say is maybe bringing some toys that make sounds or something
December 17th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Jewinjuwa's Avatar We walk by faith
I don't have any advice, really, but in March or so we are going to be going on a plane and I plan on bringing along some calm toys for my toddler. Books, pencil/paper, etc.
December 17th, 2008, 05:13 PM
MamaBx3
Hi and Welcome to JM and to the Toddler Board!

I would be really nervous, too. Do they like to color? What about stickers? My girls are 16 months and 2 and a half and love to color and stick stickers to paper.
I dont really have a lot of advice for you I hope it goes well!
December 17th, 2008, 08:13 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!!!

I took Breana on a plane when she was only 13 months old. She feel asleep both times. I just had her drink a bottle or take her pacifer before we took off. I agree with Britanie if they like to color you could do that maybe some small toys?

I know you can use a laptop so if you have one maybe try a movie?

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

December 18th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Newbies
<span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS">I was definitly gonna bring some crayons and coloring books and some stickers. DH and I have been trying to find a cheap portable dvd player but the battery life on those things is like 2 hours. What's the point of that?? I'm just worried that my oldest is gonna wanna run around everywhere because she doesn't sit in the same place for more than 2 minutes. I heard that Benadryl might help them sleep on the plane but I read that if you give them that it's a 50/50 chance that they'll go to sleep or else you'll wire them up beyond belief. I saw something online a few weeks ago that said to get like 6 or 8 cheap little toys and wrap them up and then while on the plane let them unwrap one and play with that until they get bored and then let them unwrap another since all kids like opening presents and playing with new toys. I'm gonna try to talk DH into doing that. We just have so much stuff to do. Thanks for your help. Ima bring some toys and art stuff. Just don't wanna take too much becuase I know they'll be getting a lot from their grandparents. Anytime they see them they load them up with toys and they're seeing the girls for the first time since my youngest was a month old. Exciting. </span>
December 18th, 2008, 07:50 AM
~Valerie~
I don't have any advice but I hope everything goes smoothly
December 18th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Momma2My Lil Js's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momma2My Lil Js
I don't have any experience flying... We just try to always have newer or different toys on hand for long trips to entertain the kids. Hope the trip is okay!

December 21st, 2008, 02:54 PM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
I'm scared of flying GL!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search