Schedule's????

Forum: Moms of Toddlers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Toddlers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2008, 12:22 PM
colorcky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is your Toddler's daily schedule like? (What time do they wake up? What time is lunch? Naps? Dinner? Bedtime? And what do you do in between... does your toddler play alone? How much Mommy time do they get?)

What is your typical day like....?

December 18th, 2008, 12:28 PM
MamaBx3
Vae:

Wakes up around 8:00 - some times she's up at 10 though Lunch is at noon. No naps for her! Dinner is any where from 5:30 - 6:45. Bed time for Vae is between 8:30 and 11.. She's never had a specific time.

Sophia:

Wakes up around 7:00 or 7:30. Lunch is at noon. She naps around 1:00. Dinner, any where from 5:30 - 6:45. Bed time is around 8:00 pm.
December 18th, 2008, 12:36 PM
mommy-heather's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DS-
What time do they wake up? between 8-9
then after he wakes up we go sit on the potty and then go eat breakfest after breakfest he takes a bath{every other day] then gets dressed n brushes his teeth

What time is lunch? around 12-12:30

Naps? around 1 or 1:30

Dinner? around 4 or 5

Bedtime? 8:30-9

does your toddler play alone? only when he wants to we play with him most of the time but he sometimes doesnt want us to

How much Mommy time do they get? all day

December 18th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Jewinjuwa's Avatar We walk by faith
Mine is different, because of my daycare.

7:00 - We wake at 7 a.m. Q doesn't have to get up with me, but he usually does. I shower and get ready, then Q and I wake up my oldest.
7:30 - Breakfast
7:45 - Brush teeth
8:00 - Send DS off to school and welcome our first daycare kid.

Between 8 and 9 is free play time and waiting on the other kids. They are usually all here by 9. We watch Go Diego Go on Nickelodeon at 8:30 every day too.

9:00 - Circle Time
9:30 - Art
10:00 - Morning activity (weather permitting we go outside, watch a movie, get out bikes, cook, do science stuff, etc.)
10:30 - I cook lunch and they free play
11:00 - Lunch

They free play after lunch until noon.

Noon - Clean up
12:15 - Read book quietly on cots
12:30 - Naptime
2-3 - Wake up, quiet activities (puzzles, blocks, books, etc.)
3:00 - Reading
3:30 - Snack
4:00 - Afternoon activity (see morning activity examples above)
4:30 - Free play
5:00 - Clean Up
5:15 - Evening "learning time" (practice colors, ABCs, counting, read, etc.)
5:45 - Calm activities (puzzles, blocks, books, etc.)
6:00 - Kids leave, we eat supper

After supper the boys play with eachother and/or DH and I until 7:30 when they get ready for bed and at 8:00 it's bedtime.
December 18th, 2008, 03:10 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Up at 7-8, lunch between 11:30 and 12:30, down for nap between 12:30 and 1, up from nap between 2 and 4, dinner at around 6, then bath and bed at 7:30ish.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

December 18th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Momma2My Lil Js's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momma2My Lil Js
What time do they wake up? Around 6am then off to the daycare - dropped off before 7am

What time is lunch? around 11:30

Naps? around 12

Dinner? around 6

Bedtime? 8:30-9

does your toddler play alone? They often play together, but rarely alone

How much Mommy time do they get? our drive time each day to and from daycare and 30mins before bedtime

December 18th, 2008, 08:05 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
weekdays Breana is up at 6:30 weekedns it ranges form 7-8 up for 2 hours and then down for a morning nap (usually only 45 minutes to an hour)

Lunch around noon.

Playtime then a nap.

Dinner around 5:30-6

SHe plays by herself and sometimes with Mommy or daddy

Bedtime is around 8

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

December 18th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Eowyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our average weekday looks something like this:
( only pretty much everything except mealtimes/sleeptimes are done randomly not on set times.
it looks scheduled to death but its just a random example of how the day might go.
for example:

day starts for her at 9am. I go get DD from her room and she comes into the bathroom with me and plays in the sink while I get ready for the day: i do her hair and teeth/dressing etc.

9:30
tidying up. I have her help me with any rollover chores to do. dusting, tidying up, etc.

10 is breakfast. and i have her help clean up afterwords.

10:30 bible story time

11 break (normally she plays by herself.)

11:30
learning play- usually working on colors, shapes, abc's or numbers with me or DH
12:00 more random playtime-usually with daddy.

12:30 (because my husband gets up later than us this is his breakfast time.)she helps serve dh's breakfast and also clean up afterwards.

1 break/playtime

1:30 she helps me make and pack DH's lunch for work.

2o is lunchtime right after DH leaves for work.

3 is playtime- if its nice outside for an hour. This is time set aside where I will always play one on one with her. this is her 'mommy hour' every day without fail. we usually do a lot of reading her books and playing puzzles, blocks, dollhouse, tea parties etc...

4pmis naptime.

5:30/ is arts and crafts. I paint and she sits at the table and draws/colors while i work for half an hour.

6:00 I play piano- she may sit beside me and play on the higher keys while i practice if she wants-or just play in the room on her own.

6:30
science learning- right now shes fascinated with birds. we get my bird books out and i read to her and teach her little things about them.

freetime.

7:30
is quiet reading hour. I read a loud for an hour a book of my choosing-she sits quietly on a playmat looking at books on her own or playing with toys quietly while i read aloud.

is her helping me with dinner prep and any cleaning up from the day so far that needs to be done.

8:30
Dh comes home on his 'lunch' break and we all eat dinner together.

9 is bathtime/ jammies/ teeth etc.

9:30 is quiet play time- I spend this time exclusively with her winding down from the day and then

10 we're in the 'story chair' in her room where we have bedtime stories read aloud before bed.
she is normally fast asleep by 10:30 pm.

and thats a typical weekday.
December 19th, 2008, 06:41 PM
mom2LyricStoryLegend's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2LyricStoryLegend
Hi, I'm new to the toddler board! I have 2 toddlers. Story will be 3 in February and Legend will soon be 17 months old. They are both on the same schedule for the most part. They both get up between 7-7:30. They both eat lunch at 11:30. Legend takes a nap right after lunch. Story doesn't normally nap. Legend usually wakes up from nap around 3. Dinner is usually around 5:30. Right after dinner they get baths. Legend goes to bed at 7:30 and Story at 8.
December 20th, 2008, 12:03 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
7:00 - 8:30 - he wakes up and usually eat breakfast about 1/2 hour after he gets up

Depending on the day, it depends what happens during the mornings. Sometimes we have my Mom's group, or Kiddie Gym at the YMCA, and on Sundays we go to church. If we're at home we do what he wants to. Sometimes he plays by himself, if he wants me to do something with him then I do. We read, play ball, build with blocks.

12:00 is lunch time.

In the afternoon we do more playtime. DH usually arrives home between 12-2 so when he gets home he usually plays with Sam.

2:00 is naptime. He will sleep anywhere from 1.5 - 3 hours.

We will eat anywhere from 5:30 - 7:00 for dinner depending on what is going on that evening. Mon and Wed evenings we go to the church and he has a babysitter in the nursery while DH and I are at youth group and there are sometimes other things going on. If we're at home we just play.

He goes to bed between 9:00 and 10:00 depending on what time we get home, how long he napped etc.

December 20th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Newbies
Hi there

I'm new here and gravitated here as my daughter, S, is 20 months old. I'm working and my husband is a stay at home dad right now, so her routine follows him mostly.

Up at 6:00-7am, no naps most days, if she does they are usually late in the day for about an hour, then bath by 6 or 6:30 (every other day or so) and in bed by 7pm latest. I can't imagine her ever going to bed later, she's my early to bed, early to rise kid. Total night time sleep 11-12 hrs straight.

My son, H, now 4, had a different routine all together at this age. Up by 7 latest, at 1pm he'd take a 4ish hr nap, then as he napped so well during the day, in bed by 9pm. Now, he's up early and to bed early too .... thanks to school, but that's another forum.

Just a quick question? are any of your little one's over tired and how do you deal with them so late in the evening? I have to admit, I LOVE the fact that my kids go to bed by 7:30 pm and I have my evening to myself, especially now that S stays in bed and doesn't need me most nights.

B
December 21st, 2008, 03:02 PM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
I don't take care of her that much anymore dh does I can't lift her because I had a c section. I bathe her at night and she goes to bed about 10 and gets up at 10. we used to go to bed earlier and get up ealier.

December 21st, 2008, 03:42 PM
KimberlyD0
This is about what we have for Kayla. There is of course Karrigans routine around it She's is 7 months old

up at 7:30-8am
Breakfast
Plays for a while
Snack at 10
Plays more, usually outside
Lunch about 12
quiet time at 1, no nap but she has to play quietly in her bed. Usually with books or stuffed toys
3 she gets a snack
then we play more, sometimes outside sometimes inside. Depends on the wheather.
5 she gets dinner
5:30 she watches little Einstiens (not sure the spellig)
6 she watches Micky mouse club house
6:30 bath
7 bedtime
out by 7:30-8.
December 22nd, 2008, 06:58 AM
Daughter is awake usually around 4:30 or 5:00 am.

Eats breakfast right away, then we play, read books, watch movies together until I go to work at 11:00.

She usually goes down for a nap just as I'm leaving for work. Sleeps till around 12:00 or 12:30.

My husband is home with her during the day and I guess she usually doesn't nap with him. They usually eat lunch around 1:00.

I get home from work around 6:00 pm and start dinner right away, cleaning the kitchen and washing dishes while I do it.

Usually eat around 6:30, 6:45 depending on what's for dinner. Then clean up the table and then go downstairs to do "yaunny" (laundry) together. Usually about half-hour or so. We have a playroom set up next to the laundry room, so she usually plays while I get the clothes sorted, washed, folded, etc.

Then we play some more when we get back upstairs and she usually falls asleep around 8:00 pm.

Then I get housework done...scrubbing floors, vacuuming, etc. until 10:30 pm or so.

Then hubby and I usually watch TV together for an hour and then go to bed together.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search