Potty Training?

Forum: Moms of Toddlers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Toddlers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 22nd, 2008, 07:04 AM
I'm new here and I have a 30 month old daughter. We've started the potty training process, but aren't having a lot of success yet. She has a little potty chair and she'll sit on it when she doesn't want a diaper on. And she's fascinated with the toilet, but doesn't seem to have the hang of it just yet. She usually gets excited and stands up when she starts to go.
Just wondering how you went about it, when you started, how long it took, etc.

December 22nd, 2008, 07:17 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Breana is only 16 months old so haven't really started yet.

you could try using an award chart like for everytime she does something she gets a certain reward

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

December 22nd, 2008, 08:32 AM
Jewinjuwa's Avatar We walk by faith
My son isn't quite there yet, but I have a 7 year old and I've potty trained several kids because I have a home daycare. My biggest advice is don't push it. When she's ready, she'll do it but pushing her will only make her rebel. Take it slow, have no expectations, and it will happen when the time is right.
December 22nd, 2008, 11:27 AM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
Quote:
My son isn't quite there yet, but I have a 7 year old and I've potty trained several kids because I have a home daycare. My biggest advice is don't push it. When she's ready, she'll do it but pushing her will only make her rebel. Take it slow, have no expectations, and it will happen when the time is right.[/b]
That's good advice. Alissa is almost 3 sometimes she'll go and sometimes she'll get upset and not want to go. It can be frustrating.

December 22nd, 2008, 11:53 AM
Linz's Avatar Slacker Extraordinaire
have you checked out the potty training board? I would try posting your questions over there as well.

**thanks to trish for C's birthday siggy**
December 22nd, 2008, 12:12 PM
Hart_N_Sole
We have a 2 1/2 year old and a 1 1/2 year old. Neither are ready.
December 22nd, 2008, 04:15 PM
~Valerie~
Quote:
have you checked out the potty training board? I would try posting your questions over there as well. [/b]
I was going to suggest the same thing!
December 22nd, 2008, 08:06 PM
mommy-heather's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My son isn't quite there yet, he's only 2 thou and welcome
December 27th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have hit a road block to for a while she was going once a day now she refuses to siit on her potty. I am just going to wait a few more months and wait and see when she is ready ( no later than 3)

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
December 28th, 2008, 08:13 AM
AmAnDaMo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Once my girls understood what the potty was for and felt comfortable on it, we just went straight to underwear and didn't look back. It only took a few days for them to be completely trained from that point. It was right before my oldest turned 3 and right before 2.5 for my youngest.

December 28th, 2008, 03:17 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jassie will sit on it sometimes. We ask her a few times a day if she would like to. Sometimes she will, sometimes she won't. We don't push it.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search