We Have Potty Success!!!!

Forum: Moms of Toddlers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Toddlers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2008, 06:00 AM
OMG!OMG!OMG! It worked. Just wanted to share with all of you....my daughter is 30 months old and SHE GOT IT! YAY!!!! YAY!!!!

After trying pull-ups, regular "do you need to go potty?" questions, M & Ms for rewarding and about eight zillion other things, here's what finally worked. I couldn't believe it took me this long to think of it, because now I'm like, "OF COURSE, that's what we should be doing!!!"

I was cleaning up a mess on the living room floor a couple of days ago wondering what to do and it hit me like a bolt of lightning - put on her big girl panties and put in one of those "lightdays" pantiliners - you know, those really skinny ones that are totally useless when you're on your period???

So I went out immediately and got a package of the unscented pantiliners, put one into her panties and then put the panties on.

We went for 3 hours without any pee-pee or poop in her panties, and then she was playing and stopped and looked at me for a minute and then said, "Oh!!!! Potty!!!!" and ran to the bathroom and pulled her panties down and went.

It's like the pantiliner reassured her that it was okay to go just a little bit in her panties, but reminded her that she needed to go use the potty...what happened without the pantiliner is that she would start to go, get soaked and cry and just stand there.
This extra layer of protection seems to have given her the confidence to stop playing and go potty when she needs to.

It's been 4 days, ladies! 4 days and no accidents.
And for the last 2, the pantiliner has stayed dry too!!!!

Of course, I still put her diaper on right before bed, but during the day, she wants her panties on. No diaper. And it's great - the pantiliner really helps give me peace of mind as well as her - now I know I have, oh....30 seconds....to get her to the potty if she starts to go. And it really, really helped!

Just wanted to share. If any of you ladies have other ideas that have worked, please feel free to post them! Hope everyone had a joyous Christmas!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search